Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Account Executive at WideOrbit, you will represent our full suite of products and services to existing and potential clients. Products and services include our Sales, Traffic & Billing, Digital, Programmatic, Program Management, and Analytics solutions. The ideal candidate will thrive in an autonomous environment, is self-motivated, has a strong work ethic, team player, highly collaborative, and experience selling network, television, and digital software.
Here is what success will look like:
- Prospect qualified leads and pursue new business; create opportunities for new sales and product leads.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue goals.
- Leverage your in-depth network of contacts to introduce high level relationships to WideOrbit.
- Provide sales presentations and demonstrations to existing customers and new prospects in a way that is meaningful and relevant.
- Maintain a knowledge base of client contacts and workflows including corporate playbooks and documentation for client needs and gap analysis.
- Communicate gap analysis with clients and prioritize issues for product management.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to optimize client satisfaction to ensure contract renewals and referenceability.
- Contribute to the success of WideOrbit products and services by bringing new ideas and participating in efforts to make the team more productive and efficient.
- Partner with management on proposed commercial terms and oversee it through contract negotiation and signing.
- Report to management on all potential and active accounts and opportunities.
- Prepare quotes and liaise with legal regarding contracts for prospective clients.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities and industry trends.
- Participate in “brainstorming” sessions with applicable internal stakeholders to achieve creative client solutions and product strategy and direction.
- Participate in annual budgetary and strategic target summits.
- Participate in cross-company meetings through our services and product divisions to ensure strategies and other departments are aligned and moving together.
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or business development role of enterprise level broadcast software.
- Proven ability to solicit new partnerships, present, follow up and close proposals in the U.S.
- Experience with linear sales and traffic (media) applications.
- Ability to collaborate with team members in a positive manner by respecting divergent opinions.
- Professional, credible, and upbeat demeanor effectively positioning products/services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; ability to be clear and concise.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time within the U.S. (Due to Covid, travel is not required at this time)
- Experience with digital sales and traffic is highly desired.
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
This is position will be based in our New York, NY office or Telecommute/Remote will be considered but must be located in the NY or surrounding area.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.