Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As an Associate Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll produce standardized, reusable, scalable dashboards and reports. The ideal person for this role, has an unwavering attention to detail and are skilled in converting complex data into well written, visually appealing dashboards, presentations, and documents.
Here is what success will look like:
- Design and build automated, standardized dashboards, as the team seeks to optimize reporting across the FP&A organization.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects.
- Collaborate with the Financial Data Lake team to build meaningful datasets to support reporting and analytics.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of financial data to unlock deep insights to support the FP&A team.
- Perform actual vs. budget variance analysis and identify any risks or opportunities associated with reported financial data; provide monthly revenue, expense, capital, and headcount forecasts.
- Interact with management to develop recommendations regarding business planning, budgeting, operating forecasts, and financial plans.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and streamline the budgeting and planning process.
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 1+ years’ experience in a business finance or related role
- Advanced fluency with Excel formulas and functions. Familiarity with data query/data management tools (e.g. SQL, Power BI)
- Proficiency writing SQL queries, exploring data, and developing good hypotheses for process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical thinking skills with a clear understanding of general accounting principals and how to gather data
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, take initiative, a strong attention to detail, and proclivity for independent thought
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team while also assuming individual responsibilities
- Experience with data exploration tools such as Looker, familiarity with Adaptive Insights is a plus
This position can be based in any WideOrbit office or Telecommute / Remote. Pacific Standard Time Zone is preferred.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.