Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As our Software Engineer, you will be a major contributor on a small, experienced team. You will work on our next-generation streaming media and podcasting solutions and your code will make an impact on the product. We build powerful webservices, complex data pipelines, and modern UI. You’ll have a chance to focus in areas you’re already skilled and take on new challenges over time. Our distributed team has a fun and inclusive environment with a commitment to work life balance.
What it’s like to work on this team:
Start your day with coffee in your own home office. Write some code before lunch, and then take a break. You can catch up on some reading, join in one of our occasional lunch gaming sessions, or learn something that interests you through your provided Udemy and Pluralsight accounts. Finish the code you’re working on, update tests and if you finish a feature submit a PR. Then checkout by 5. We work to live, not the other way around, and we encourage healthy working hours.
We are developers and we understand what developers need. We’ll provide you with a work environment where collaboration is encouraged but you’re not bombarded with superfluous interruptions. We have highly encouraged quiet times each afternoon so that everyone can focus without worrying they’re missing anything. We work in modern agile feature teams that self-organize and work together to build great software. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute new ideas, learn new technologies, and build new features. Our friendly code reviews make us all better and you get to be a part of that by both reviewing code and having yours reviewed. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
Here is what success will look like:
- Designing and developing enterprise level web service software solutions
- Building fresh, dynamic interfaces in ReactJS
- Defining testing requirements, and authoring Unit and Behavioral cases plus working alongside QA to ensure quality
- Participating in Tech Spikes and Feasibility studies to help flesh out new ideas and unknowns
- Partnering with development, product support, QA, and other DAS teams to make the best product we can
- Acquiring new skills, broadening existing skills, and contributing to others through knowledge sharing – we are better together
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- You possess 4+ years’ experience writing quality modern web apps in PHP or GoLang
- You understand that services need to scale, and you take pride in making sure yours do so commendably
- You’re enthusiastic about the power of databases and have experience with MySQL or a similar technology
- You’ll contribute your awesome verbal and written communication skills
- You take ownership of the things you build. You look at everything with a critical eye, and fixing a bug is as satisfying as adding a great new feature (You’ll get to do both!)
- You work well with competing tasks, and if things change, you pivot quickly and execute smoothly
- If you have experience in the radio broadcast or streaming industry, that’s a plus
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
Other things we do that you could contribute to:
- Docker, C#, Cassandra, Big Query, AWS and GCP technologies
- Powerful dynamic ad decisioning engines
- Advanced data reporting and forecasting
- Audio engineering
- Best in class streaming audio tools
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
*Please note - we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This is a Telecommute/Remote position. If you’re located near Vancouver, WA, its a plus.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.