WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking for a hands-on Senior Security Engineer to join our IT Operations team. In this role, you will design, plan, and execute key security initiatives to protect WideOrbit’s systems, data, and people (internal & clients). You will partner with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, on a variety of initiatives that arise from business, compliance, and technological security needs. Initiatives on the road map include continuing education and implementing security best practices, helping to define security for our newly launched cloud-based products, rolling out an IDS Tool, penetration testing, code scanning and so much more.
If you are looking for a high impact role where you can use your security expertise and knowledge to lead and shape the future of security for a mid-size software company, this is a perfect opportunity!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Help elevate security infrastructure best practices, policies, and procedures across the company.
- Oversee security for production servers, networks, endpoint devices, and corporate data.
- Analyze our security posture, identify gaps, act as a trusted subject matter expert, and work closely with other teams to ensure strong operational security.
- Lead complex security projects from design through implementation and maintenance i.e. automated tools, scripts, and deployment.
- Engage in forensic level root cause analysis to investigate security incidents.
- Ensure WideOrbit complies with all security policies and compliance requirements.
- Partner with the Compliance Team to ensure WideOrbit is compliant with SOC regulations.
- Participate in design and implementation reviews of security and infrastructure projects.
- Create and maintain documentation for security tools and services.
- Stay updated on and research current information security topics.
- Identify and recommend solutions to enhance WideOrbit’s security footprint.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years’ experience in a hands-on information security role
- 7+ years’ experience with identity and access management systems (i.e. CA IDM, IBM IAM, SailPoint, etc)
- Experience with Active Directory and other LDAP stores and X.500 directories
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or equivalent)
- Experience with compliance standards e.g. PCI, SOC 2, HIPAA, ISO 27001
- Experience with log management tools such as ELK, Splunk, and SumoLogic
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools
- Industry knowledge of security principles and applications
- Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
- Proven experience leading security projects and working successfully on a team or independently
- Passionate about building a top-notch security program
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to enable effective cross-department communications
- Certifications like OSCP, CISSP, RHCE are a plus
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA or Seattl, WA or Denver, CO office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, comprehensive health care, 401(k) match, generous PTO, sabbatical leaves, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.