WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
The WO Digital team is looking for a talented Frontend Software Engineer to join us. At WideOrbit, you will be a major contributor on a small, experienced team. You will work on our next-generation podcasting and streaming media solutions and your code will have an impact on the products. You’ll get to spend a majority of your time working on the front end of our solutions including consoles, players, and other projects. We build modern UI using React, Redux, and Node. Our Vancouver office has a fun and inclusive environment with a commitment to work life balance.
What it’s like to work at WO:
Start your day with a cappuccino from the kitchen and then join the standup meeting. Write some code before lunch, and then take a break. You can catch up on some reading, join one of the twice-a-month board game sessions, or learn something that interests you through your provided LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight accounts. Finish the code you’re working on, update tests and if you finish a feature submit a PR. Then go home. We work to live, not the other way around, and we encourage healthy working hours.
We are developers and we understand what developers need. We’ll provide you with a work environment where collaboration is encouraged but you’re not bombarded with superfluous interruptions. We work in modern agile feature teams that self-organize and work together to build great software. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies, and architect new features. Friendly code reviews make us all better and you get to be a part of that by both reviewing code and having yours reviewed. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Building fresh, dynamic interfaces in ReactJS.
- Working with and occasionally adding to NodeJS APIs.
- Partnering with development, support, QA and other WO Digital teams to make the best product we can.
- Contributing using your awesome verbal and written communication skills.
- Acquiring new skills, broadening existing skills, and contributing to others through knowledge sharing – we are better together.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years relevant working experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have strong UX sensibilities - details matter to you.
- You possess quality experience writing modern web apps in ES6 React/Redux.
- You are quick and eager to learn. You don’t fear finding new solutions for whatever you face.
- You take ownership of the things you build. You look at everything with a critical eye, and fixing a bug is as satisfying as adding a great new feature. You’ll get to do both!
- You enjoy implementing effective web APIs when needed.
Other things we do you might have interest in at some point:
- Docker, PHP, MySQL, GoLang, C#
- Powerful dynamic ad decisioning engines
- Audio engineering
- Best in class streaming audio tools
- Plenty more
This position will be based in our Vancouver, WA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!