WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
The WO Digital team is looking for the right person to join us. At WideOrbit, you will be a major contributor on a small, experienced team. As our new QA Engineer, you will work on next-generation podcasting and streaming media solutions and your contributions will make an impact on the product. You’ll get to work heavily on our central test automation system and contribute to ad-hock testing. If you love running several projects at the same time, can take initiative, and enjoy finding ways to automate regressions this could be the role for you! Our Vancouver office has a fun and inclusive environment with a commitment to work life balance.
What it’s like to work at WO:
Start your day with a cappuccino from the kitchen and then join the standup meeting. Write some test automation for a new feature before lunch, and then take a break. You can catch up on some reading, join one of the twice-a-month board game sessions, or learn something that interests you through your provided LinkedIn Learning account. Work on some new test plans, work with the rest of the engineering team to perfect some automation testing, then go home. We work to live, not the other way around, and we encourage healthy working hours.
We are engineers and we understand what engineering minds need. We’ll provide you with a work environment where collaboration is encouraged but you’re not bombarded with superfluous interruptions. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas and ensure quality throughout or products. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Working closely with software development to understand features.
- Heavily investing in testing automation as we move to a full CI cycle.
- Using testing tools to automate QA functions.
- Contributing to QA processes used during software releases.
- Working with engineering to define testing requirements/objectives, and author test cases for highly complex technical features.
- Partnering with development, support, QA and other WO Digitial teams to make the best product we can.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years software QA experience with cloud and distributed applications.
- You have experience defining quality assurance processes as well as test plans and cases.
- You understand the importance of automated testing and have experience developing test suites and making them work for you.
- You understand the benefits of continuous integration and have experience setting up regression for CI environments such as Jenkins.
- You are comfortable with Selenium, and have written automated tests in Ruby, NodeJS, or Java.
- You take ownership of the products you’re responsible for. You’re able to communicate concerns you have to managers and stakeholders as needed, while balancing risk management.
- Knowledge of SDLC. Experience with agile/scrum methodology is a plus.
- Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
This position will be based in the Vancouver, Washington office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!