WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
A Product Marketing Manager at WideOrbit is at the center of all discussions about how to market the product in their area of focus. You will work collaboratively with product development, sales, and marketing to incubate, grow and optimize a product’s relevancy in the marketplace. You ensure that the voice of the customer is reflected in product strategies and features. You coordinate and communicate across departments to assure the product is launched appropriately and transitioned out without issue.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Positioning – Work with sales and product to develop unique, compelling product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- “Voice of the Customer” – Based on your strong grasp of the media buying workflow, you will be the advocate for our customers, deeply understanding their needs working closely with sales and the product team. Maintain a pulse on the product development road-map to ensure sales is educated on new features in each release.
- Strategic Content – With the marketing team, develop strategy and accompanying materials to drive awareness and adoption including presentations, case studies, client testimonials, whitepapers, emails, how to guides, product videos, and other marketing tools to drive awareness, education, and adoption of your products.
- Communication – Evangelize the value propositions and proof points of your products via various outreach methods such as newsletters, webinars, and other training sessions targeted at both internal stakeholders as well as our existing client base.
- Sales Enablement – Ensure sales has the relevant materials they need to move prospects through the funnel and educate about additional products, including presentations, collateral and proposal materials. Provide competitive information to enable them to win.
- Industry Research – Conduct research and maintain a library of relevant statistics on competitors and industry trends. Leverage this data to reinforce our claims and positioning during our story-telling.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5+ years of successful relevant Marketing in a media company or Product Marketing experience in B2B software or ad tech company.
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field.
- Experience collaborating to develop collateral that distills product capabilities into engaging and compelling marketing messages that addresses customer needs.
- B2B experience preferred.
- Prior involvement with iterative software development techniques such as Scrum or Agile.
- Previous experience working with remote and cross-functional teams domestically and internationally.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting at the executive level.
- Sense of urgency, driven by the desire to maintain integrity and respect the workload of other colleagues involved.
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability.
- Demonstrated success being self-driven with outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong research skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel.
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!