WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
Our customers’ satisfaction with our service is a critical part of WideOrbit’s success. When our customers have a technically complex situation that can’t be solved with our first line of support, they depend on our talented Development Support team. As a Development Support Engineer, you’ll be the bridge between our non-technical customers and our highly skilled Development team.
If you’re a fearless learner and a puzzle solver who is comfortable working in the unknown, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Additionally, if you’re looking to leverage and grow your technical and interpersonal skills and you might have an interest in software development in the future, this role can take you in that direction.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Providing customized and often complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) script deliverables to resolve data issues
- Responding to all issues with clear communication, technical creativity and a commitment to problem resolution
- Stepping through our product’s source code to identify application behavior and defects
- Collaborating with various internal departments in determining root causes, and recommending solutions
- Partnering with our Development team to aid in solving complicated issues with the application and/or database
- Contributing to knowledge base content, including but not limited to articles, guides, documentation and training material
- Recommending new technology and improvements to streamline Development Support processes
- Communicating with Account Managers and other department personnel to understand customer needs
- Be available to complete urgent customer requests during off-hours when on-call
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Advanced T-SQL scripting is required
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server database knowledge is required
- Experience working for a software company in application support or development role
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility and professional relationships with key customers (internal and external)
- Proven ability to engage quickly and drive resolutions
- Adept at communicating in small groups of people with disparate technological capabilities and understandings
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in the organization
- Willingness to readily adjust to new demands, requirements, or directions, and the ability to shift priorities when necessary
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance competing tasks in a rapidly changing environment
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA or our Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area) office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
Please apply online at http://www.wideorbit.com/careers/