WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking for a Manager, Billing & Revenue to be the key point of contact for all billing operations and monthly close. This person will work closely with the Manager, Technical Revenue Accounting in performing contract reviews, billings processing and management, monthly close activities as well as mentoring and coaching the staff. The Manager, Billing & Revenue will also help streamline processes as we continue to grow at meteor pace and is responsible for planning and coordinating the integration and automation of internal financial and operational systems. We are looking for someone that has a thirst for details and numbers and is flexible and adaptable to change.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Be the subject matter representative for initial revenue and billing inquiries across all WO product lines
- Review customer contracts and billings for non-standard terms, and to ensure that revenue has been recognized in accordance with US GAAP and corporate policy
- Manage the billing team on day to day matters, review & supervise work, and resolve discrepancies as needed
- Input and process billings and other related transactional matters on a routine or as-needed basis
- Become more visible to Senior Management teams as a direct resource for resolving matters
- Manage the revenue close, including reviewing posted invoices, credit notes, and revenue to ensure all necessary contracts and adjustments are entered correctly
- Analyze revenue trends and investigating variances
- Lead the day to day audit and serve as the liaison with Big 4 external auditors
- Drive system integrations and improvements, implement broad process improvements and best practices
- Work with senior finance management on new ERP system implementation, data migration, and testing
- Lead by example and contribute to a results-oriented team environment with effective, efficient and positive communication
- Participate in setting expectations for team members for the upcoming year
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of billing experience, preferably with a large software company or in public accounting with software or long-term contract revenue audit experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (CPA a plus)
- Extensive experience in reviewing long-term software license contracts
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition including ASC 606 a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Strong financial systems background and software billing experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with sales, legal, billing and other departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven success training and mentoring a team with a positive leadership style
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k) match, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!