WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking for a sharp and driven general ledger pro to join the Accounting team. The Sr. Accountant will assist in the month-end close and have a big impact on a small team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a dynamic, fast paced international software company. It’s an exciting time for WideOrbit and a great time to join!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Monthly close – various journal entries, analysis of accounts, monitoring the close calendar ensuring all activities are closed according to the deadlines.
• Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Analyze and review financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and to research and verify the accuracy of transactions and balances.
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements in compliance with GAAP and company policy
• Review employee expense reports for compliance with corporate policies and ensure expenses are accurately coded.
• Assist our Senior Tax Director with periodic statutory filings
• Maintain and comply with internal controls and procedures for audits and other corporate reviews
• Ensure proper documentation is provided to our 3rd party auditors
• Assist with various projects that are assigned to the Accounting Department.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 3+ years of experience in corporate general ledger accounting in a complex accounting structure with multiple financial dimensions, currencies, and legal entities
• CPA and big 4 experience a plus
• Proficiency in General Ledger accounting with a strong knowledge of reconciliations, month-end close, and year-end close
• Strong financial and analytical abilities
• Ability to interface with people and departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of the close process
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word applications
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills required
• French language proficiency a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics for Finance & Operations is strongly preferred
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k) match, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual’s race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation or ordinance. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.