WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Analyst to join its WO Program product team. In this role you’ll become the expert in WO Program, its integration capabilities, functionality and domain model. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and understand major broadcasters and networks’ workflows and business needs.
In your day to day, you’ll analyze clients’ requirements; design and develop reports and integration (both RESTful and file-based); using WO Program’s toolkits working across many business areas such as linear televisions, video on-demand, media, creative services, rights management, finance and more.
Every day is a different day that brings new challenges and if you’re passionate about technology, have experience supporting software, and dedicated to making customers happy, this could be the right opportunity for you!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Designing and developing custom reports, exports and RESTful integration payloads, using XSLT where transformation is necessary, outputting to a variety of formats e.g. XML, Excel ML, CSV etc.
- Partner with product management, developers, customer support and clients to understand and verify features and requirements, covering a wide range of business areas from contracts & finance to program schedules and playlists.
- Analyzing clients’ needs and design integration with third party systems g. media asset management; playout; financial systems; rights management; listing services.
- Analyzing and designing new clients’ data migration from legacy systems using integration tools.
- Providing support on technical issues for other members of the WO Program
- Defining test requirements/objectives; authoring test cases for complex technical issues and workflows; designing and documenting new features for WO Program’s continually evolving integration with other WideOrbit products.
- Performing test scripts to ensure integration meets WideOrbit’s high quality standards.
- Providing estimates on test completion schedules and report on test progress.
- Maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifications.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years software industry experience in a technical analysis or QA role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Knowledge of SOAP and RESTful integration
- Sound understanding of XML and / or JSON
- Proficiency with simple command line tools, batch files occasionally to (for instance) refresh databases
- Experience working with SQL and an understanding of relational databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Experience with issue management software such as Jira
- Experience with requirements’ analysis and documentation
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Willingness and curiosity to learn new systems, concepts, and business knowledge
- Exceptional communicator, both verbally and written with excellent documentation skills and attention to detail and quality
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize work intelligently
- Accustomed to thinking on your feet, and making well-thought-out and fast decisions
- Proven ability to take initiative, anticipate issues, and solve root causes of problems vs symptoms
- Understanding of entity relationship diagrams (e.g. of domain and data models)
- Experience within the broadcasting industry is useful
This position will be based in our Denver, CO office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k) match, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!