WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
The primary focus of the Release Engineer is to ensure efficient, technologically advanced and accurate upgrades of WideOrbit software builds to customer databases. Responsibilities include the ability to respond to time sensitive requests and to troubleshoot technical difficulties to ensure the completion of upgrades; and to provide technical direction and leadership to the Release team. Release Engineers have high regard for quality, innovation and customer service and accurately complete upgrades.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Own and manage quality controls associated with producing consistent and flawless upgrades via multiple remote venues including VPN and screen Review Release calendar and prepare for upgrade using the Upgrade Process Alert appropriate personnel to any potential issues with upgrades.
- Prepare new builds when they are approved by Release.
- Assist in managing the Release Management team's internal Ensure all environments on the servers stay operational (db backups are created and managed, timely responses to user-reported server, configure and maintain reindex job for all environments).
- Adjust work schedule for upgrades; work a sliding schedule (during evenings and weekends).
- Travel up to 10%.
- Produce timely and accurate upgrades to client databases.
- Anticipate potential upgrade related issues and work to resolve issue.
- Ensure record of upgrade is thorough and accurate.
Documentation and Training:
- Maintain accurate guide to upgrade documentation for all WideOrbit Contribute to the training plan for the Release team staff and provide on-going training.
- Identify the need for new or needed updates to procedures.
- Contribute to improving documentation, workflow and implement new technology and methods.
- Incorporates tools such as SmartSheet and SharePoint for use in tracking detailed information.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Candidates should ideally have a well-rounded IT background, with at least working knowledge of the following:
- Windows Server environments
- Networking, IP addressing and subnets
- VPN and other remote access tools
- Microsoft SQL database management and scripting
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A dedication to client service, meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and resolving any client issues with a can do, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated success managing workload with competing priorities.
- Ability to make decisions and critical issue resolutions quickly.
- Flexibility; with the ability to calmly and consistently influence client IT staff and team members.
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability.
- Ability to innovate and improve procedures and processes to impact broader departmental efficiency.
- Experience working with teams, across functions collaboratively.
- TV/Radio broadcast industry experience is a plus.
- SmartSheet, SharePoint, MS Office, HTML, Oracle, Tableau, Java, Smalltalk, Silverlight, Delphi, PowerShell a plus.
This position can be based in the Coppell, TX office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!