WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
A DBA at WideOrbit is a hybrid between administering, consulting and developing databases and data storage solutions. We are looking for someone what loves database work as well as collaborating directly with internal business teams to ensure optimum configuration of servers and services within our environments. You will be responsible for innovative ways to improve performance and scalability. At WideOrbit, we know that a DBA's real role is a creative one, and we have plenty of opportunity to let your visions and ideas come to light.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, deploy, and support database and data storage hardware and cloud configurations to optimize price and performance for WideOrbit environments
- Design, develop, document, and support internal automated processes to manage deployment and support of WideOrbit data storage services (sql, HDFS, caching etc)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including in-depth technical analysis, troubleshooting, analyzing, root cause and engaging appropriate SME’s as needed to drive incident and problem management
- Provide documentation and training expertise for internal clients
- Provide 24/7 support as necessary
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of IT-related experience required, including a minimum of 3 years working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 as well as Oracle and OSS technologies
- Expertise in and hands-on experience using performance counters and industry best practices to troubleshoot issues.
- Expert in Microsoft SQL Server required
- Experience with Oracle SQL and MySQL
- Experience with Hadoop & NoSQL technologies
- Must be strong with strong with PowerShell scripting and automation
- Strong understanding of HA/DR techniques including database clustering, availability groups, log shipping and mirroring
- Extensive experience investigating poor performing SQL statements or server configurations
- Experience in designing and supporting highly available database hardware configurations
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and platforms. Experience with AWS, and GCP preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills dealing with both internal and external customers
This position will be based in our Lynnwood office
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!