WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to architect, design, and develop core areas and features for WO Programmatic TV. At WideOrbit, every engineer plays a critical part of the design and implementation and enjoys working on very big, complex applications with major media clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of talented, friendly engineers and help take our advanced, scalable development and deployment infrastructure to the next level, transforming the future of media and advertising.
In this role, you’ll work on one of three of our programmatic ad buying models called Open Marketplace. WO Programmatic TV directly connects ad buyers with our TV clients, resulting in a streamlined, end to end workflow for everyone involved in the media buying process. Open Marketplace lets ad buyers make automated, data-informed offers on the industry’s largest source of programmatic TV ad inventory. Through the Open Marketplace, Ad buyers can surface and secure 24-7-365 inventory from more than 1,000 stations and networks.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and test new features for the WO Programmatic product suite
- Build high performance, cloud-based, distributed systems across the full stack - including website, APIs, and back end services
- Improve current architecture and design to meet ever increasing demand on performance and scalability
- Partner with product management, QA and documentation to deliver high quality, complete software releases
- Collaborate with support and project teams to maintain and improve WideOrbit software to meet current customer and project needs
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in C# or related OOP languages
- 2+ years of experience in Web UI technology frameworks like Ext.js, Angular or comparable
- Transact-SQL programming, MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Experience writing code for multi-threaded environments; both client UI and server framework
- Strong OO design skills
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code
- Willingness to thoroughly unit test and debug complex code that you, or others, may write
- Ability to work in a team environment and approach challenges with a problem solving, can- do, positive attitude
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS) is a plus
- Experience with other programming tools, languages and protocols a plus
This position will be based in our Lynnwood, WA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k) match, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!