WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Grey Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit seeks a strategic storyteller responsible for overseeing and executing marketing programs for the company. As our Senior Director of Marketing, you will work with the executive team to identify strategic priorities across the breadth of the company’s business and build integrated marketing campaigns to deliver against those priorities. The Senior Director will also partner with colleagues in Sales, Product and Engineering to ensure the company's brand is consistently communicated to audiences across the globe. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director will be a player/coach; working alongside team members while providing strategic marketing leadership. If you have extensive knowledge in all aspects of marketing, an ability to establish proven best practices, process, measurement, and forecasting systems, a background in digital media, B2B and B2C, this could be the role for you!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Partner with executives and serve as player/coach, leading the marketing team to plan, develop and implement all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, marketing systems, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
- Build brand positioning, brand architecture, and an integrated, customer communications program.
- Understand market dynamics, competitive landscape and product positioning in order to translate into easily understood and actionable messaging for internal and external consumption.
- Create marketing strategy, plan and translate it into specific, measurable tactics, actions and outcomes leveraging appropriate marketing channels.
- Comfortable managing product portfolio and develop go-to-market messaging across multiple verticals (local TV, cable networks, radio, agencies and brands).
- Develop content marketing programs that support revenue goals and positions WideOrbit as thought leader to existing and potential clients.
- Ensure that non-US markets are meaningfully integrated into marketing programs and deliver custom programs for those markets.
- Communicate cross-functionally to ensure that the marketing strategy is clearly understood and that the brand vision, values, and equity are maintained.
- Use data to drive decision-making and to measure the impact marketing programs have on business results.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience working in a marketing and/or advertising environment
- 5+ years managing teams. Preferably in digital media or ad technology.
- B2B as well as, B2C experience a plus.
- Knowledge of how both traditional TV and digital media is bought and sold is preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to develop people as well as, contribute to tactical execution of plans, measure accomplishments and keep teams aligned and motivated.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Marketing or Business Management desired.
- In-depth knowledge of all marketing functions including but not limited to advertising, lead generation, product marketing, research, brand building, and thought leadership.
- Experience building out systems and processes to make marketing teams more efficient and effective.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with diverse set of internal groups and external partners including marketing, sales, legal, finance and product.
- Natural problem solver with ability to collaborate and work across functions in a fast-paced environment.
This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!