At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Software Engineer at WHOOP, you will help us scale out and improve our performance using the latest tools and services on AWS infrastructure. We handle massive amounts of data continuously streaming up to the cloud from the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available system. You will develop new REST services and streaming services for our mobile and web client teams to use as well to help scale out. In addition, you will utilize many different technologies to improve our automation, provisioning, virtualization, and monitoring systems.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, and passionate engineer to help architect our backend system of synchronous and asynchronous workers to maximize throughput and reliability.
- Significant years of server-side software development experience
- Direct experience working with AWS Services (EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, ECS)
- Experience with at least one of the following in a production system: Node.js, Python, Erlang
- Experience with designing tables and writing efficient queries in PostgreSQL and NoSQL
- Experience in ingesting data, RESTful APIs, and caching (ie. Redis)
- Working knowledge of tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Enjoy working in an Agile and microservice environment, focusing on delivering meaningful, incremental changes to the platform
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner
- Working knowledge of a distributed source code control system
- Enthusiasm for the latest and greatest tools and technologies
- Experience with the following: AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, InfluxDB, Cassandra
- An expert with data structures and distributed computing
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- Working knowledge of AngularJS, iOS or Android development