Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Hi, we’re Who Gives A Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2 billion people in need.
We love doing good, and we happen to be exceptionally good at it too! To date, we’ve donated over AUD$8.3 million (roughly USD$5.9 million) to fund sanitation projects around the globe. We’ve grown quickly – selling directly to customers across three continents and have established a strong B2B business in Australia that’s expanding to the UK and US.
Our team is made up of over 100 amazing humans working out of Melbourne, Los Angeles, China, and Manila. We’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals and diversify our product range to ensure we can have the greatest impact possible – both for the planet and its people. With your help, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years and continue to make the most beautiful, eco-friendly goods around.
A bit about the role:
As our Growth Marketing Manager, Paid Social, you will play a key role in our continued focus on growth and acquisition. You’ll not only continue optimizing our paid social (Facebook + Instagram) marketing in our strongest core geographies, but will also help us launch as scale in new geos (and with new products!) to expand our reach farther than ever before.
Reporting to the Senior Growth Marketing Manager, you will launch, test, analyze, optimize and scale social channel customer acquisition campaigns to reach a seven-figure budget per month in our key markets. You’ll drive the scaling of paid social marketing in new markets, and will ensure that our “Growative” (Growth-Creative) process is consistently outputting high-quality asset content. You’re naturally data-driven, equally creative, and you also don’t hesitate to put on your strategic cap in order to be instrumental in how we can drive growth even more efficiently across our global reach.
You will be owning our adverts across 5 (and more to come!) geographies, and will be the owner and expert on all things paid social marketing. You will help develop and execute strategic plans, use analytics to inform decisions and drive execution to optimize a seven-figure monthly marketing budget against aggressive ROI goals. You also will work cross-functionally with various teams across the business to think of creative, out-of-the-box ways to drive our continued growth.
If we had a crystal ball to tell us what you’ll be looking after in the next 6 months, here are a few examples we’d share:
- Planning, designing, forecasting and executing Paid Social campaigns to hit aggressive ROI goals.
- Daily management of Paid Social campaigns including creative production coordination, A/B testing, bid management, landing page testing, budget management, creative testing, etc.
- Helped us crack the code to successfully scale our paid social marketing once launched into our new market geos.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm, develop and test new ideas and share meaningful insights and recommended next steps.
- Ensure that we incorporate 5 new UGC assets per week for paid advertising
- Work closely with the rest of the growth team to develop solutions beyond paid acquisition, providing key insights on paid social strategy and creative efficiencies.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across Logistics, Finance, Social, Customer Happiness, and Operations to coordinate campaign launches, budgets, social posts, etc.
- Maintain and improve daily / weekly / monthly KPI dashboard to monitor and analyze campaign performance.
- Identify trends and insights to increase performance.
- Work with the Growth Team to drive innovative ideas to drive new customers.
Who you are:
You're an expert in Paid Social!
- You have hands-on experience scaling and managing large-scale (six-figure +) Facebook and Instagram Ad campaigns against ROI goals, preferably at a high-growth ecommerce, DTC brand or agency.
- Ideally, you also have experience with other platforms too i.e., Youtube, Adwords.
- You love what you do and are passionate about every opportunity to do great work!
You like getting your hands dirty in all parts of the process!
- You're skilled at blending analytical and creative, and have a discerning eye for what makes epic creative that will crank out those sales!
- You are able to pull insights using campaign data, generate out of the box ideas and communicate them to the creative team.
- Working cross-functionally across various teams comes naturally to you.
- You have a proven track record balancing direct response centric, whilst strictly adhering to brand guidelines.
You eat data for breakfast!
- You have a deep understanding of customer analytics and marketing metrics like CPA, CTR, ROAS, CPM, AOV, LTV.
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross functionally across the business.
You have laser focus!
- Obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from ideation to purchase.
- Deeply self-driven, able to work autonomously, and with a drive for constant improvement.
- A love of toilet paper (just kidding, you can learn that on the job).
Why you should work with us:
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger an impact we’ll have. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s a pretty great perk, but we don’t stop there…
If you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quickly. We started the business remotely, and now have hubs in 4 cities around the world. While the Melbourne team spends a few days of the week together in our coworking space in Collingwood, you can also mix it up and work in your PJs from home or set up office at the beach but, up to you! And while we don’t have a Friday drinks cart (yet), you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
Lastly, you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
On top of the normal perks like annual leave, we also provide flexibility to take extra unpaid leave or travel while working, we provide a health insurance stipend, generous parental leave, training and development budget and a whole lot of other stuff. And did we mention the free toilet paper?
We’re also not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We feel so honoured to have been recognized for the second year in a row on BuiltIn LA’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and most recently also on the “Best Mid-sized Places to Work” list. This selection was based on the value of our culture programs, company perks, benefits, and salary packages, and we’re listed alongside other notable names in the startup, bcorp, tech, and e-comm space. We don’t toot our horns often, so this is an extra bashful share. Check out some of our other US-based jobs featured on BuiltIn LA, and spread the word to other talented folks in your network who might be the perfect fit!