Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Hi, we’re Who Gives a Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2 billion people in need.
We absolutely love doing good, but we’re also exceptionally good at it. To date, we’ve donated over AUD$8.3 million to fund sanitation projects around the globe. We’ve grown quickly – selling directly to customers across three continents and establishing a strong B2B business that’s expanding to the US market this year.
Our team is made up of over 80 amazing humans working out of Melbourne, Los Angeles, China, and Manila. We’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals and diversify our product range to ensure we can have the greatest impact possible – both for the planet and its people. With your help, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years and continue to make the most beautiful, eco-friendly goods around.
A bit about the role:
As a new roll (woop pun intended!) on our Production Team, we are on the hunt for a Global Sourcing & Development Manager to take us into our next level in the Who Gives A Crap journey. Reporting to our Head of Production, you’ll oversee our supplier selection process, execute our end-to-end sourcing strategy and serve as the key liaison between external partners and internal teams throughout the supplier on-boarding process . You’ll leverage your expertise in the manufacturing process and ethical supply behaviors to deliver an holistic sourcing process that results in a world-class supply base that is fully aligned with our values and mission.
You have a strong sourcing toolkit, a nose for identifying and capturing opportunity, and you are dedicated to crafting data-driven insights that drive process improvement and fuel the minds of product innovation teams. You’ll bring a strong understanding of global vendor talent pooling and contract negotiation over multiple product lines . Oh, you’ll also make sure we’re having lots of fun whilst doing it!
We’re hiring for this role remotely across our Los Angeles, UK, and Europe hubs, and it will involve regular international travel to collaborate with your fabulous manufacturing partners - wherever they may be!
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Contributed to our 3 year global sourcing strategy and made recommendations for sourcing exploration in new countries
- Spent time researching: long listing, short listing and conducting competitor analysis for new manufacturing partners in new geographies
- Commenced the initial outreach phase and met wonderful and talented new suppliers - on zoom! - capturing all details in the correct profiling templates, checking their environmental cred and getting excited about expanding our network with the right suppliers in the right locations.
- Launched our New Vendor Supply agreement with new suppliers; making sure we are all buttoned-up when it comes to documentation, qualifications and training (you know, all the compliance-y stuff!)
- Brought two new SKUs to life by managing the sample qualification process across multiple colleagues
- Got down and dirty with our NPD team by working through cross sourcing strategies on running SKUs against a number of fulfillment options
- Partnered up with our Creative team and briefed out new packaging concepts to suppliers using clear project templates and product development processes to deliver delightful newness on a sharp timeline
- Designed a New Supplier Sourcing process with the objective of making our manufacturer identification, qualification and onboarding process more systematic, faster and lower risk
Who you are:
You’re a strategic sourcing superstar
You’re curious and passionate about the sourcing process and you’re motivated by the opportunity to push the envelope to improve how we do business, the products we deliver and the impact we make (wait, should we make envelopes?). You come with a portfolio of vendor relationships that align with our impact and sustainability values and everyone’s happier for it!
You have the memory of an elephant
You have a sharp recall for faces and names and you never forget a contact.
You <3 diplomacy
You’re warm, but don’t give the game away and expertly negotiate your little heart out on behalf of the values, goals and teams you’re championing.
You’re big on relationships and keen on details
Whether it’s building a new relationship from scratch or nurturing an existing one, you’re a people person and you naturally establish strong partnerships near and far.
You communicate like a boss
Clear, friendly, and effective communication with suppliers is what we strive for, and what you’re naturally good at getting everyone on the same page. Writing project briefs is an art and you’re basically the Da Vinci of them. You’re also great at communicating with your team, sharing updates and progress. You’re proactive, conscientious and mature in your communications - both internally and externally and are able to demonstrate functional impact and the importance of cross-functional clarity to all your stakeholders.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger an impact we’ll have. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s a pretty great perk, but we don’t stop there…
If you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also super flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow really quickly. We started the business remotely, and now have hubs in 4 cities around the world. Once in person work recommences, we’ll split our time between our dedicated co-working spaces and home.
And while we don’t have a Friday drinks cart (yet), you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
Lastly, you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have!