A bit about the role
As a new roll (woop pun intended!) on our Production Team, we are on the hunt for a Quality Assurance based in our China hub to take us into our next level in the Who Gives A Crap journey. Reporting to our China Production Manager, you’ll oversee the quality standards and performance for our China factory partners, raise the game on our quality reporting and be a major contributor to the overarching quality strategy that will move the needle forward. By building quality systems for our factories and putting them into place, you’ll be ensuring we consistently meet (and exceed!) our quality milestones.
Documentation and clear communication are the keys to your success: you’re making sure our production partners understand perfectly what we expect and require, and are consistently producing to a higher quality standard. And your hard work on the quality front will be a major addition to our teams, company and audiences - energising everyone with our ethical manufacturing progress and delivering with absolute delight to our customers!
Oh, you’ll also make sure we’re having lots of fun whilst doing it!
This role is based in our China hub and will also involve some travel within China to collaborate with our fabulous group of suppliers.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- You began designing and developing quality projects for both existing products and new SKU’s in our China factories
- Made an active contribution to supplier scorecards using your expert QA lens
- Spent time working on an agenda and robust checklist to support efficient and effective supplier visits
- Went on an epic trip through China, visiting our suppliers during which you:
- Got under the skin of the manufacturing process and worked hand-in-hand with factories to get to the root cause of quality issues
- Reviewed running quality data and goods in production to pinpoint the most important and powerful changes to prioritise
- Worked collaboratively to gain commitment on solutions and timelines for quality improvement initiatives
- Created a super schmick project brief for capturing and reporting progress
- Ate turkey with your colleagues to celebrate Thanksgiving!
- Conducted some fun (and educational!) training in ethical compliance for our freelance friends
- Hung out with our mega cool Quality Control Technician and traded trade secrets! You guys are gonna be besties.
- Got up close and personal with our CHT team to drive alignment and understanding about the quality initiatives that you are driving, their delightful outcomes and the time it will take to see changes coming through at customer level. Oh, and you even had time to whip up some Guru cards to support the learning!
- Designed and published data-driven quality performance reports for internal, external and scorecard teams in which you outlined improvements already in the pipeline as well as ETA for results. Phew!
Who you are
You <3 quality
Striving for excellence is in your DNA and you know that quality doesn’t just stop with a product that delights a customer. You believe quality is an attitude, a value and a critical part of culture. You always have a pulse on what you (and the world!) can do to make something better, and also keep your eyes on the brass ring, no matter how out of reach it may seem at times.
You can organise the crap out of things
You are a guru of tidiness, especially when it comes to projects and process. You have sound judgement when it comes to prioritising and organising, and are basically a multi-tasking version of Marie Kondo on steroids for quality assurance.
You know how to drive initiatives
Whether it’s within your team or company or externally through vendor partners, you understand how to move the needle. You have a knack for getting everyone aboard a project: you know what it looks like and communicate how to get there, and are a natural at getting everyone around you excited about raising their standards.
You are comfy being in the weeds while thinking big picture
You enjoy being hands-on with projects in order to keep a strong pulse on the details and the who/what/why/how. Being in the weeds informs your blue-sky thinking and you are able to take practical findings and turn those into process improvements, new strategies, higher standards and shared learnings.
You’re a confident and clear communicator
Clear, friendly, and effective communication with production partners is what we strive for, and what you’re naturally good at getting everyone on the same page. You’re also great at communicating with your team, sharing updates and progress. You’re proactive, conscientious and mature in your communications - both internally and externally and are able to demonstrate functional impact and importance of cross-functional clarity to all your stakeholders.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Phew, ok... let’s take a pause. Research suggests that at this point up to 60% of those identifying as women or under-represented folks might have talked themselves out of applying. But here’s the thing, you don’t have to check every box and we are serious about the growth and development of all those who join us. So please - introduce yourself and let us know about you!
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger our impact. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s pretty great, but we don’t stop there…
The job is amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow quickly.
Our benefits are designed to support and be responsive to our healthy, happy and thriving team. On top of what you’d expect from a people-first team like ours, we offer tailored learning & development opportunities, generous paid parental leave, support through our parent and caregivers portal - Circle In, access to our digital mental wellbeing platform - Uprise… did we mention free TP? Oh, and you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
We are passionate about fair and equitable remuneration. We pay competitively and thoughtfully based on your experience, the market and our insights. Just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in.
We’re not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We’re honoured to have been recognised for the second year in a row on BuiltInLA’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and most recently on their “Best Mid-sized Places to Work” list.
We’re also humbled to have recently received our sixth consecutive Culture Amp engagement score of 90+ and as a certified B Corp, we're committed to the highest standards of social and environmental impact as a profit-for-purpose business.
How we roll
We are actively seeking team members of traditionally underrepresented backgrounds because we believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences is what makes a strong team. The stronger our team the closer we are to our mission – toilets and clean water for all. So come join us! We're looking for people of all genders, races, nationalities, orientations, abilities and disabilities to come sit at our table. We don't care about your income, education or employment history either. Really! The only thing we're a stickler on is species – you have to be a person.