Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Hi, we’re Who Gives A Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2 billion people in need.
We love doing good, and we happen to be exceptionally good at it too! To date, we’ve donated over AUD$8.3 million (roughly USD$5.9 million) to fund sanitation projects around the globe. We’ve grown quickly – selling directly to customers across three continents and have established a strong B2B business in Australia that’s expanding to the UK and US.
Our team is made up of over 100 amazing humans working out of Melbourne, Los Angeles, China, and Manila. We’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals and diversify our product range to ensure we can have the greatest impact possible – both for the planet and its people. With your help, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years and continue to make the most beautiful, eco-friendly goods around.
A bit about the role:
As the newest role on our Growth Marketing Team, the Affiliates and Influencer Marketing Manager will play a key role in our continued focus on growth and acquisition. Reporting to our Senior Growth Marketing Manager, you will build, scale and manage our affiliate, and Influencer marketing programs across social media, and blogs. Combining your performance marketing skills and creative chops, you will lead all influencer and affiliate campaign elements from ideation to execution to reporting, and will be instrumental in scaling growth for Who Gives a Crap across Australia, UK, US, and Europe.
Not only will you build and scale the Affiliates and Influencer growth marketing channel for our business, but you’ll lead the way in ensuring we’re building the right relationships that compliment our brand and align with our ethos. You’ll identify affiliate and influencer partners who will be cheerleaders for our social mission (just like you are!) and who want to go above and beyond to help us promote our products and our mission.
You’ll work closely with cross-functional team members to bring to life fun ideas as to how to keep our influencers engaged with our brand and our products, even beyond the paid opportunities, and you’ll keep our reporting and data logging shmick to ensure metrics are shared across Growth and cross-functionally accurately and consistently. You’ll love this role if you are just as hungry to go deep in your campaign spreadsheets as you are to nail down the partnership with the sustainability-focused influencer we’ve been “crushing on” for months.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a high-growth startup while applying your skills to a meaningful cause (we donate 50% of our profits to charity partners). You’ll also work within a collaborative team of experienced and passionate humans who care just as much about helping their teammates grow as they do about making a difference in the world. And... we get to make toilet jokes all day.
We’re hiring for this role in either our Los Angeles or Melbourne hub—however, if you're up for working remotely and aligning yourself to either of these timezones, we're still keen to hear from you! We can't promise you anything but we're currently in exploration stage as we explore what the future of our team homes look like.
If you worked here the past 6 months here are some things you might have been involved in:
- You led content-driven influencer marketing strategy, campaign development, execution, and post-campaign reporting & analysis.
- You worked to refine and solidify our set of policies, guidelines, and best practices for managing the influencer and affiliate marketing programs. Authorship at it’s finest!
- You jumped into a virtual brainstorming session with Creative because you’re that excited about all things brand and bringing content ideas to life
- You’ve spearheaded and launched a tracking dashboard that allows you and the team to organise and track all influencer posts, spend, discount codes, orders and revenue (basically, alllll the things).
- You’ve run A/B tests with each campaign to be able to optimise campaigns and build on your learnings. Maybe you even shared your learnings from a particularly exciting campaign with the rest of the business during a Monthly Town Hall, using an excessive amount of GIFs to help get your message across.
- You’ve been thinking big when developing new relationships for our business, ensuring that we keep to a diverse list of influencers and affiliates across the globe. Think celebrities, talent agencies, content creators, media platforms...the list goes on!
- You’ve nailed an accurate reporting process using tags, Google Analytics, and an affiliate platform. Your reporting is squeaky clean!
- Created a bank of influencer content that the Growth and Creative team can dip into when needed for other platforms, making the process eeeasy peasy for the rest of the team to access anytime.
- You’ve gone deep into historical data from past campaigns, Google analytics and Shopify to pull valuable and relevant insights for the scale of an influencer channel.
- Uploaded a bunch of stuff that inspires you on our Slack #inspiration channel. We want to see it!
- Mayyybe you’ve even become best pals with Dan Levy and Ali Wong (or other wannabe brand BFFs!), who have both agreed to be faces of the brand… woah!
Let’s talk about you….
You build networks like nobody’s business.
- You’re a natural connector and constantly on the hunt for new people to connect with or new businesses to crush on (let’s just say you’ve got your email intro down pat!)
- You have in-depth experience working with established influencer channels such as YouTube, Instagram, blogs, or Snapchat
- You’ve launched and managed campaigns with up to 5-figure spends
- Contracts and negotiations? No brainer! You’ve built and managed it all when it comes to influencer engagements
- Maybe you’ve even got some experience working with networks like Pepperjam, Rakuten, or Impact Radius… Or others that we haven’t even heard of yet? Do tell!
You like getting your hands dirty in all parts of the process!
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and you work best when you’re driving toward deadlines for multiple projects at any given time (bring on the ruthless prioritization!)
- You're skilled at blending analytical and creative.
- Working cross-functionally across various teams comes naturally to you, and you’re equally skilled at talking analytically with our Number Scrunchers team as you are bouncing content ideas around with our Creative Team
- You’ve got super-duper communication skills and you are confident in liaising with external partners to efficiently drive campaign performance
You eat data for breakfast, lunch and dinner….
- You’re hungry to continuously find better attribution, collect more data, and gain a deep understand of our customer journey
- Understanding of core business metrics such as AOV, CPA, LTV, and how affiliates and influencers fit into the marketing funnel
- You’re super comfy with allocating large-scale marketing budgets to specific customer acquisition KPIs
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross functionally across the business
You have laser focus!
- You have an almost obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from start to finish, leaving no T un-crossed or I un-dotted.
- You are self-driven, able to work autonomously, and motivated by the desire for constant improvement and business growth.
- You have a deep love for toilet paper (just kidding, you can learn that on the job).
You heart feedback
- You welcome getting tips, tricks and feedback on your work from your peers, not just within the Growth team, but cross functionally too
- You understand that diversity in thinking makes work better and some people make really valid points. That’s not to say you have to take eeeeeeverything on board. You know how to filter and have the confidence and communication skills to explain your thought process.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger an impact we’ll have. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s a pretty great perk, but we don’t stop there…
If you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quickly. We started the business remotely, and now have hubs in 4 cities around the world. While the Melbourne and LA teams spend a few days of the week together in our coworking spaces (when COVID allows of course!), you can also mix it up and work in your PJs from home or set up office at the beach hut, up to you! And while we don’t have a Friday drinks cart (yet), you will get free toilet paper. A lot of it. And nothing beats that.
Lastly, you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
On top of the normal perks like annual leave, we also provide flexibility to take extra unpaid leave or travel while working, we provide a health insurance stipend, generous parental leave, training and development budget and a whole lot of other stuff. And did we mention the free toilet paper?
We’re also not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We feel so honoured to have been recognized for the second year in a row on BuiltIn LA’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and most recently also on the “Best Mid-sized Places to Work” list. This selection was based on the value of our culture programs, company perks, benefits, and salary packages, and we’re listed alongside other notable names in the startup, bcorp, tech, and e-comm space. We don’t toot our horns often, so this is an extra bashful share. Check out some of our other US-based jobs featured on BuiltIn LA, and spread the word to other talented folks in your network who might be the perfect fit!
We recently landed in Culture Amp’s Top 10% Employee Engagement survey. And we’ve been a certified B Corp as of 2017, which means we're committed (and demonstrating!) the highest standards of social and environmental impact as a profit-for-purpose business.