At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
Our mission at White Ops is to verify the humanity of every online transaction. Our core technology is human verification, the ability to distinguish human vs non human activity in a variety of environments and applications.
The Data Science team at White Ops is building the algorithms that run behind the scenes and power our bot detection engine. We deploy state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning models at a massive scale that distinguish human activity from automated bots.
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation, all by yourself.
- You are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order.
- You are a data scientist, analyst, statistician and have solved difficult problems to prove it.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluate and implement data analysis strategies to improve detection efficacy at internet-scale.
- Develop algorithms (i.e. rule based, statistical, machine learning) that automatically detect emerging threats.
- Ad hoc investigations to respond to emerging threats with velocity and quality.
- Research for case studies and white papers on bot detection.
- Contribute to toolkits and platforms that scale detection analytics.
What you will need:
- Proficiency with SQL, Python.
- Familiarity with tools, libraries and platforms such as Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, NumPy etc.
- Track record of independent, creative problem solving with large amounts of complex data.
- Comfort with advanced statistics and data engineering.
- Knowledge of how the internet works.
- Knowledge of how web browsers work.
- Background in data science for security is a plus.
- Comfort with ad tech terminology is a plus.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •