At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Data Platform team is responsible for the primary organs and arteries of our system. The team’s mission is to consistently deliver a world-class data platform that enables our security researchers, threat intel analysts, and data scientists to quickly and reliably detect malicious non-human activity. You will be solving a wide range of problems from finding more efficient ways to research sophisticated botnets to delivering only the most critical and impactful insights to our customers as fast as possible so they can take action.
By joining the Data Platform team at White Ops, you will gain a deep understanding of how our products and services work all the way from signal collection to customer reports and are able to make a major impact on cleaning up the internet. You will oversee the evolution of a platform that will grow in scale by 100x (current volume is over 1 PB) to 1000x, ensure that our data can never be used for ill by anyone (e.g. privacy and security are at the core of the system design), and incorporate the latest ML and fraud research techniques.
What you'll do:
- Work with the team, product management, executive stakeholders, and your team to define a vision and plan for the Data Platform team.
- Establish clear OKRs for the team
- Understand organizational strategy and goals and help the team understand decision criteria so they can make prioritization decisions for their sprints and day to day work
- Participate in strategic debates and decision making across the company
- Use your experience to help the team with critical architectural and delivery decisions
- Establish a DevOps culture with the appropriate observability, operational processes, and engineering practices for the team
- Hire and develop technical talent
- Build a healthy succession bench and foster a culture consistent with our brand, organizational values, user/customer focus, and passion for the web.
Who you are:
- Have experience with high scale platforms
- Understand multiple Agile processes and applies them appropriately to help the team (not just focused on Scrum or Spiral or something else)
- You understand or are willing to think within the DevOps culture
- You are a servant leader - you understand that you are here to serve the team and make them successful
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously
- You lead by example
- You are open, collaborative, and transparent in how you work
- You have both breadth and depth of software engineering expertise
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about code and systems
These are some additional skills that the team has developed and use regularly but are not required for new hires (other than a burning desire to learn them when needed):
- Have experience with bleeding-edge data platform and business intelligence capabilities
- Understand machine learning techniques and models
- Have a cybersecurity background
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.