At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
As a Staff Accountant you will be fully in charge of the expenses of the company. As a member of the Finance team you will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounts payable function, month-end close and various special projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage accounts payable, purchase requisition and expense reimbursement as per company policies and guidelines; ensure all expenses are properly classified by accounts, departments and entities.
- Manage monthly corporate card charges and collaborate with stakeholders to identify charges and match with outstanding purchase orders.
- Play an integral role in the month-end-close and year-end-close procedures to ensure timely completion.
- Independently reconcile and analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Review, research, and interpret current and historical financial information to resolve any inquiries.
- Promote White Ops policies and ensure adherence to such.
- Identify process or performance improvement opportunities and implement enhancements.
- Support Finance Team with various projects.
The perfect Human for the job:
- Has an Accounting Degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s).
- Has at least 2-5 years of progressive experience with Accounts Payable/GL experience;.
- Ideally has knowledge of Sage Intacct Accounting Software, Yooz, Expensify and has proficiency with MS Office.
- Has a genuine interest in the profession, is detailed oriented, and has the ability to work well under pressure.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •