At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
The Data Science team at White Ops is building the algorithms that run behind the scenes and power our bot detection engine. We deploy state-of-the-art data science models at a massive scale that distinguish human activity from automated bots.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of data scientists. Grow the team to cover additional needs
- Deeply understand emerging threats for the use cases and customers we’re protecting
- Introduce novel techniques that will help us identify fraudulent activity across different surfaces
- Implement best practices for designing, launching, and monitoring statistical and machine learning models in production
- Define, track, and measure the roadmap for your team
- Work in a cross functional team environment with multiple stakeholders from security research, threat intelligence, engineering, customer success, marketing, sales, etc
Who you are:
- Proficiency with SQL and Python or R
- Track record of independent, creative problem solving
- You’ve 2+ years of experience managing a team of data scientists or software engineers
- Track record of deploying statistical or machine learning models in highly performant environments with large amounts of complex data.
- You have a strong sense of "pwnership" that drives you to find ways to innovate and empower others
- You are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
- Knowledge of how the internet works
- Knowledge of how web browsers work
- Comfort with ad tech terminology is a plus
- Background in data science for security is a plus
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in NYC. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform. We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission. We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity, We're committed to building a product companies need. We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work.