At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
The DevOps team is focused on delivering tools and automation to build a culture of DevOps across the organization. Our customers are other employees, and our goal is to multiply their productivity with the services we provide. We’re friendly, curious, driven and highly collaborative.
What you'll do:
- Write code for front-ends (VueJS), backends (Golang), deploy scripts (Bash/Python), cloud infrastructure (AWS/Terraform) and system configurations (Bash)
- Provide in-depth code reviews for teammates
- Assume end-to-end ownership of a project that will deliver meaningful value to other employees
- Advise other engineering teams on operational best practices, including logging, monitoring, alerting and incident response
- Participate in an on-call rotation for team-owned systems
Who you are:
- You are driven to deliver results to make other people’s lives easier
- You love learning
- You like to reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously
- You are open, collaborative and transparent in how you work
- You have both breadth and depth of software engineering expertise
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •