At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our mission at White Ops is to verify the humanity of every online transaction. Our core technology is human verification, the ability to distinguish human vs non human activity in a variety of environments and applications.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
What you'll do:
We are looking for people who love analyzing data. Through our critical growth stage it is important that you approach old problems with fresh ideas and recognize the benefits and flaws in our current mode of operation. Your role will be a data analyst on a detection team comprised of hackers and engineers that build the brain inside our products. The data is big, the adversaries are smart and the opportunity for innovation is beyond imagination.
- Ad hoc investigations to validate and respond to threat detection and intelligence requests with velocity and quality.
- Evaluation and implementation of data analysis strategies to improve detection and intelligence at internet-scale.
- Algorithm development for threat detection.
- Research for case studies and white papers on bot detection.
- Contributing to toolkits and platforms that scale detection analytics.
- Botnet discovery and tracking
- Detailing your discoveries for internal and external sharing
- Discovering adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots
Who you are:
- Have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- Look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation, all by yourself.
- Are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- Constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order.
- Are a data scientist, analyst, statistician and have solved difficult problems to prove it.
- Deep understanding of threats, fraud, information security vulnerabilities, and other cyber security related events
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and other software tech to engineer data and discover insights
- Track record of independent, creative problem solving with large amounts of complex data
- Knowledge of how the internet works
- Knowledge of how web browsers work
- Ability to write high-quality intelligence assessments
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •