Who We Are:
Whistle Sports is the global sports media network and community for today’s generation. With a massive audience-driven data platform, we create, curate and distribute highly engaging video content across social, digital, over-the-top and linear TV platforms.
Who You Are:
You are a self-starter who can communicate effectively, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are excited to join a dynamic team and help redefine sports media. You have a strong understanding of rights and licensing in the advertising, entertainment and media industries. You have an excellent ability to help resolve business and legal issues quickly and effectively. You will work closely with our awesome Legal team and key stakeholders. This role will be based out of Whistle Sports’ headquarters in New York.
Primary Job Description:
Our legal practice includes all aspects of branded content deals, intellectual property licensing, sports marketing and advertising, original programming, talent agreements, pre-publication review of content and regulatory compliance. As a Contract Administrator, you will:
- Prepare agreements, amendments and other legal documents using established templates.
- Coordinate and correspond with our Sales, Business Development, Finance, Community and Production departments regarding contract administration issues and relevant transactions.
- Track and manage rights and clearances for branded content and original programming deals.
- Interpret contractual agreements for business stakeholders.
- Have a practical, solutions-oriented approach when faced with complex legal and business issues.
- Assist with regulatory compliance and content review.
- Spearhead the Legal team’s efforts to develop and refine forms, processes and procedures.
- Work on special projects for the Legal team, where needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in business affairs, legal or contract administration at a studio, television network, advertising agency or media company.
- Skilled at reading and understanding a variety of media contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree from a well-known university is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of advertising and/or film/tv industries and media transactions.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and accommodate tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment; flexibility or long hours, if and when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.