Who You Are:
- You enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts.
- You have deep knowledge of how to create branded video content that is successful across social platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Like brainstorming and talking about “what could be”
- You are a self-starter who can set priorities, meet deadlines, and work both independently and collaboratively.
- You are comfortable working in a creative, fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times on projects.
- You have experience drafting and managing creative concepts from conception to delivery.Love sports and have broad knowledge base spanning different types of sports (football, basketball, baseball, golf, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, eSports, action sports, etc)
- Write, Ideate, Brainstorm and Pitch branded content for Whistle Sports’ partners.
- Create detailed treatments and distribution plans for branded content series that will appeal to brand and agency partners
- Work closely with sales and marketing team to help package pitch concepts to brand partners
- Advise on and implement best practices for integrating brands into content in a way that will drive results for our clients without alienating our creators or audience
- Keep abreast of developments with primary social and video platforms and how we can develop effective branded content that will work natively on those platforms
- Review, edit, and approve preliminary and final treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, scripts, casting, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, final narration and final versions of all assigned programs.
- Work with the production team to oversee creative concepts and production logistics (including the acquisition of props, locations, permits, and resources) ensuring that shoots run smoothly.
- Work with outside production companies as needed in coordination with internal departments to ensure timely, effective and on-budget development, production and delivery of projects.
- Prepare production schedules and budgets with producers, accountants, and production finance department.
- Ensure that productions are on-schedule and on-budget, and identify potential problem areas as early as possible.
- Drive on creative direction with editors in post-production, and direct changes to edits based off notes from partners and clients in a timely manner.Become deeply acquainted with the Whistle Sports brand voice, as well as our partners’ voices and help to develop a fun, irreverent tone for our video content that combines both.
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, script writing, creative direction/video production, preferably for a digitally native media company or agency
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Must have a strong history of creating and executing scripted, fictional, and docu-style content.
- A creative, collaborative thinker with strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Strong, fast paced editor able to turn around cuts quickly and effectively.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Understand all phases of pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage multiple priorities while delivering high-level results.
- Relationships with production companies and freelancers throughout the country.
- Familiar with Canon C300s, REDs, Sony FS7s and SLR cameras