Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle Sports. We are a global sports media network and community for today’s generation. We are the Connectors of a Sports World that lives to entertain, engage and empower:
- Fans with the sports they want in ways they never knew possible
- Social influencers & creators, athletes, leagues and teams deeper and more directly with their communities
- Brands with Millennial consumers in unique and differentiated ways
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at whistlesports.com
Who You Are:
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital media, with a desire to learn more
- A highly collaborative team builder that thrives off working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Primary Job Description:
As our Media Planning Lead, you will have a strong hand in managing the day-to-day partner relationships and sales processes to guarantee our Sales team hits its revenue goals and maximizes profitability for Whistle Sports. You will be a driving force in defining how Whistle Sports content is presented and sold in the digital marketplace, and a key resource for identifying new streams of revenue and sponsorship opportunities. You will be an integral member of a highly motivated Brand Partnerships team here at Whistle Sports.
- Partner with Sales Team to understand agency/client goals and objectives and brainstorm solutions.
- Create strategic media plans that meet customer needs and maximize revenue for Whistle Sports
- Manage multiple retargeting-driven direct response campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams on the strategic development of branded content and social sponsorship campaigns.
- Be accountable for campaign results and providing clients with strategic and tactical guidance to achieve online marketing objectives.
- Work closely with the Sales Planning Manager to tactically drive company-wide goals and improve operational sales process.
- Work hand in hand with Account Managers to ensure seamless transition from the presale stage to the post sale stage.
- Coordinate with Sales Team on development of renewal strategies based on client/program insights.
- Partner with Sales and Business Development teams to identify ways to sell our content for external distribution
- Liaise with YouTube to traffic media and continue to develop meaningful strategic relationships with this key partner of Whistle Sports
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of online media planning and negotiating experience in a publisher/agency setting; experience with managing junior team members is preferred
- At least 1 years of paid social media experience
- Understanding of programmatic landscape
- Knowledge of the social media landscape and measurement
- Knowledge of buying media on bidded platforms
- Management of direct response campaigns
- Ability to build custom audience segments and retargeting lists
- Basic knowledge of SEM and SEO principles and ability to manage paid search campaigns
- Deep knowledge and application of media planning and buying principles
- Ability to quickly analyze media plans
- Deep knowledge of trafficking and tagging, including DFA/DFP