Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle Sports. We are a global sports media network and community for today’s generation. We are the Connectors of a Sports World that lives to entertain, engage and empower:
- Fans with the sports they want in ways they never knew possible
- Social influencers & creators, athletes, leagues and teams deeper and more directly with their communities
- Brands with Millennial consumers in unique and differentiated ways
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us!
Check us out at whistlesports.com
Primary Job Description:
As Account Manager, you will manage both pre-sale and post-sale duties for assigned projects. You will be a highly motivated and integral member of the Whistle Sports team.
- Have a strong hand in managing the day-to-day client relationships and sales processes to ensure Sales team hits its revenue goals and maximizes profit for Whistle Sports.
- Proactively coordinate post-sales duties for assigned campaigns. Manage all aspects of advertiser campaign planning, launch execution, delivery, optimization and recap.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing Teams to understand agency/client goals and objectives and brainstorm solutions.
- Have the ability to assist in updating sales collateral with the assistance of the Marketing Team.
- Liaise with media planning team to create strategic media plans that meet customer needs and maximize revenue for Whistle Sports.
- Act as the day-to-day client point of contact for post sale support.
- Attend meetings with AEs when necessary and assist with client entertaining, sporting events, industry events, etc.
- Work with all internal departments (Production, Partner Management, Marketing, Ad Ops, etc.) within the United Kingdom and United States offices on the development and implementation of client campaigns.
- Monitor campaign performance and implement optimization recommendations.
- Deliver mid campaign updates and campaign recaps to AEs and/or clients.
- Be an expert in the field of past, present and future campaigns both internally at Whistle Sports and across the market.
- Provide meaningful insight and learnings from campaigns to develop case studies and other sales materials.
- Work closely with the Sales Planning & Account Management team to tactically drive company-wide goals and improve operational sales process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in digital media and/or marketing
- At least 1 year of paid social media experience
- Highly organized with ability to seamlessly juggle multiple competing projects at once
- Strong background in account management, social media, integrated marketing, media planning at leading publishers and agencies
- Understanding of purchasing of biddable media on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to support campaign goals
- Knowledge of the sports marketing industry within the UK and the EU
- Flexible team player with a strong work ethic - keen to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Process oriented self starter with excellent leadership and communications skills for internal and external calls
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ad serving software a plus