Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle Sports. We are progressive and bold. We show and tell. We are Connectors of the Sports Community that live to entertain, engage and empower:
- Fans with the sports they want in ways they never knew possible
- Social influencers & creators, athletes, leagues and teams deeper and more directly with their communities
- Brands with Millennial consumers in unique and differentiated ways
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at whistlesports.com
Primary Job Description:
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance of General Ledger and Accounts Receivable and provide support to Accounts Payable Supervisor. The position will also contribute heavily in collection efforts, monthly closing process and work closely with Controller to report financial information.
- Responsible for general ledger management while following company’s accounting processes,
- Responsible for proper coding of invoices by partnering with the Accounts Payable Supervisor,
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry,
- Responsible for the maintenance of AP aging on a weekly basis,
- Audit and process corporate credit card expenses and provide support for staff expense reports,
- Support Senior Accountant in maintaining AR cycle beginning creation of customer invoices to the receipt of funds.
- Support AR related internal and external communications including collection correspondence,
- Assist Senior Accountant & Controller with period end closing,
- Maintain excellent relationship with Whistle’s community team, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Provide support with Audit and tax processes.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience.
- Audit experience is preferable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce is preferable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Position requires working closely with the cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills dealing with financial and numeric data.