At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
Team Whistle is looking for a Director of Social. In this role, the candidate will help shape and lead our social and short form content development from strategy to execution as a best in class operator across all social channels.
This candidate must be a team player and collaborator who will work closely with our Insights, Marketing, Sales, Talent, Production, Post Production and Programming teams to ensure our content is produced in a best in class fashion and is optimized for performance across our distribution channels as a publishing leader in the sports and entertainment space.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe internet culture? Are you passionate about publishers and content creators on social and can summarize how and why certain videos blow up -- where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We're looking for an expert leader and task manager who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things culture -- someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills.
- Drive and maximize revenue across our O&O as a publisher.
- Responsible for full funnel and life cycle of social content from ideation to execution to be best in class as an industry leader across our primary channels of TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, Meta (FB + IG), YouTube and emerging platforms (Twitch, etc.).
- Oversee creation and execution of Whistle content cross platform programming calendar including editorial tentpoles and marketing initiatives.
- Manage team of Social Media Managers to be best in class on all social platforms against Whistle’ KPIs.
- Own ideation and execution for on set social production for all client work for Whistle.
- Working with the team, set and execute against our original social content and short form strategy for the Whistle Brand across all our platforms including: YouTube, WTV, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Partner with the Head of Sales and Account Management on all social and short form work across Magnet (our in house agency) and branded projects.
- Oversee operational tools such as Trello to manager output and planning of editorial/social short form content across all of Whistle’s owned and operated channels as well as for partners and client.
- Work closely with Head of Production and Head of Post Production to ensure the Whistle brand and content strategy remains on point across all of our shows.
- Work closely with the Head of Talent and Programming to define brand guidelines and review which shows to greenlight against Whistle’s O&O budget.
- Oversee pre-production call process with talent and directors to ensure creative vision comes to life through Whistle's programming.
- Working with the insights team, ensure original show viewership KPIs are being met to original show viewership, earned media attention, and indirect/direct brand sales revenue.
- Act as Whistle’s brand lead for all things creative from development to production across our platforms.
- Work closely with Content, Programming, Sales, Account Management, and Talent team on all branded content to shape productions from start to finish with the larger Whistle brand.
- Develops and maintain relationships with a network of industry-leading creators, director, producers, and designers and post production freelancers for contract project.
- Oversee, lead, and manage our team responsible for publishing social content across our Originals (publisher arm), Branded campaigns, and Agency work.
- Completely and wholly own your projects from a publishing point-of-view; have all the answers and if you don't, find the answer.
- Lead strategy for team to oversee scheduling and publish videos and content across Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram and beyond.
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and influence.
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to improve for essential metrics.
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, and experience with Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok Facebook, and Reddit.
- Launch, grow and manage channels ensuring milestones are set and met.
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, including engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities
- Eager to learn and support team members as well as lead the rest of the team with a positive can’t stop won’t stop attitude
- ~5-8 + years experience managing social accounts for a publisher or brand (ideally a publisher, brand)
- Comfortable with talent- and client-facing reports and coordination - account management experience a plus
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers
- Fluent with social analytics tools such as FB Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Simply Measured
- Fluent with Digital Paid tools such as Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, and beyond
- Social CMS experience with tools such as Sprout Social, Tweetdeck