At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
Team Whistle is looking for a Social Media Manager/Producer to focus on cross platform social + video publishing strategy and execution. You’ll use data to inform decisions and collaborate closely with video producers to ensure that our content is released in the most optimal way across our branded platforms. You will be responsible for content creation and optimization for all short form content across our own and operated channels as well as the work we do for clients across Branded and our full service agency Magnet.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe internet culture? Are you passionate about publishers and content creators on social and can summarize how and why certain videos blow up -- where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We're looking for an expert who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things WHISTLE -- someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills.
- Manage creation and execution of WHISTLE short form content cross platform programming calendar.
- Develop, program, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple digital platforms.
- Comfortable creating content and posting across multiple social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Monitoring platform trends and brand health to make content decisions for the Whistle’s accounts across social platforms and for Brand + Agency work.
- Completely and wholly own your projects from a publishing point-of-view; have all the answers and if you don't, find the answer.
- Schedule and publish videos and content across Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram and beyond.
- Community Management: Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
- Be an advisor for new programs; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and influence.
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to improve for essential metrics.
- Comfortable being ‘on air’ talent for social content across platforms as needed.
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, and experience with Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok Facebook, and Reddit.
- Understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
- Launch, grow and manage channels ensuring milestones are set and met.
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI for client work
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, including engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities.
- Eager to learn and support team members as well as lead the rest of the team with a positive can’t stop won’t stop attitude.
- ~2-3 + years experience managing social accounts for a publisher or brand (ideally a publisher, brand).
- Comfortable with talent- and client-facing reports and coordination - account management experience a plus.
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers.
- Fluent with social analytics tools such as FB Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Simply Measured.
- Fluent with Digital Paid tools such as Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, and beyond.
- Social CMS experience with tools such as Sprout Social, Tweetdeck.
At Team Whistle, we’re proud to offer a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 80% of employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and family members;
- Unlimited paid time off;
- Fully paid primary and secondary caregiver leave (10 and three weeks, respectively);
- 12 months of free online therapy through Talkspace;
- Annual membership fee covered for One Medical, a membership-based primary care practice offering both digital health and in-office care.
Team Whistle is currently operating remotely.