At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
Team Whistle is seeking an experienced Account Manager. This position will be reporting directly to the Director of Accounts. This is an opportunity to join a growing team, project manage social media handles for clients in the esports/gaming space, and grow your strategic thinking skills.
- Overseeing active relationship management of an esports client and serving as key advocate internally and externally
- Manage the direct, day-to-day relationship and on-going strategic development of assigned accounts
- Manage partnerships and vendor relationships on assigned client accounts
- Oversee activities on assigned accounts, including: strategic social media planning, content production, calendaring/publication schedules, paid media, analytics gathering, performance reporting and overall client communications
- Keep apprised of clients’ industry research and relevant trends – and ensure internal team is kept up to date accordingly
- Provide market research and competitive analysis as required
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Effectively present agency work and proposals to clients, ensuring all work product is of a high caliber, and support team members in doing the same
- Direct activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Coordinate project timing and budget with relevant personnel, and provide clients with regular timeline and budget updates
- Lead client meetings and ensure recaps are shared with internal team and clients
- Work with internal team to provide client reporting and results analysis of key programs and initiatives
- Serve as the key advocate to clients and be prepared to advise them on all fronts to drive success, including: general business operations, product development, product marketing, overall public-facing messaging, sponsor strategy, brand integration, and partnership/influencer opportunities
- Lead internal team on priorities, opportunities, and client objectives
- Proactively identify potential internal or external issues and either work toward their resolution and/or escalate them to executive staff as required
- Ensure internal team members’ time spent on assigned client projects is accurately tracked
- At least 3+ years of experience working in social media or relatable esports experience
- eSports, Gaming, Publisher and/or Entertainment industry background required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong project management skills
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, manage multiple timelines and work across functions
- Perform tactical tasks effectively and with minimal supervision
- Develops collaborative relationships with team members, displays clear communication and acts proactively.
At Team Whistle, we’re proud to offer a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 80% of employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and family members;
- Unlimited paid time off;
- Fully paid primary and secondary caregiver leave (10 and three weeks, respectively);
- 12 months of free online therapy through Talkspace;
- Annual membership fee covered for One Medical, a membership-based primary care practice offering both digital health and in-office care.
Team Whistle is currently operating mostly remotely. Candidates not based near one of our main offices (Charlotte, LA and New York) will be considered.