Tik Tok Content Creator + Strategist
At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
We're looking for a dedicated Tik Tok Content Creator and Strategist. This role would be responsible for strategizing, ideating, creating content, and community management for TikTok. This role would work cross-functionally with the broader Social Media team in addition to Inﬂuencer Relations to drive growth and engagement while executing an intentional, effective brand vision that feels TikTok-native. The ideal candidate would be a content creator with an eye for high-quality, engaging content that follows TikTok best practices and pushes innovation while staying true to the brand identity and voice.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe internet culture? Are you passionate about publishers and content creators on social media and can summarize how and why certain videos blow up -- where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We're looking for an expert in all things Tik Tok and task manager who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things culture -- someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
- Be one of the faces of our company on TikTok and other social media channels to promote and highlight trending/relevant topics for brand awareness, follower growth and driving the sports and entertainment conversation with an eye for engagement and audience growth.
- Identify UGC from TikTok that should be reposted on the Whistle brand account, gain permissions from creators, and re-edit audio tracks as needed.
- Ideate individually and collaboratively on engaging and innovative content ideas.
- Track data and insights, compiling reports as necessary, and adjusting strategy and content regularly based on this info.
- Strategize based off of data and insights and be able to present strategy to larger Social Media team.
- Constantly track competitor content and trends.
- Be comfortable being featured in self-produced Whistle TikTok content.
- Full editing capabilities including sound and simple graphics.
- Own caption writing and hashtag strategy adhering to TikTok best practices.
- Community Management on all posts and in DMs - responding to comments consistently and in a timely manner.
- Proactive Community Management - engaging on posts by TikTok creators relevant to ABH - liking their posts and commenting, etc.
- High-level and intuitive understanding of the TikTok platform - including general awareness of what’s trending, demographics, and platform functionalities.
- Work alongside department and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that content is aligned with brand planning/calendars, brand aesthetics and our visual identity.
- Stay up to date and also update larger social media team in regards to TikTok speciﬁc trends, sponsored challenges, and viral content.
- Plan and prepare TikTok content calendar to share regularly with Social Media Team.
- Identify TikTok inﬂuencers and creators that would be ideal partners for Whistle and work collaboratively with the Talent Team in regards to TikTok partnerships.
- Able to work and take direction and constructive feedback from both peers and leaders across the organization.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- ~1-2 + years experience managing social accounts for a publisher or brand (ideally a publisher, brand).
- Must have a portfolio (or active accounts) showcasing videography and editing skills. Please add the link to your social accounts.
- Must be generally fluent in all social platforms, including engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities.
- Experience being featured in self-produced TikTok content.
- Videography skills with a focus on socially-native content.
- Eager to learn and support team members as well as lead the rest of the team with a positive can’t stop won’t stop attitude.
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers.
- Fluent with social analytics tools such as FB Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Simply Measured.