Instagram Content Creator and Strategist
At Team Whistle, we’re on a mission to build a global sports and entertainment company at the dynamic intersection of media, technology and commerce that elevates and inspires our audience and community of partners. Every day. Every way.
We're looking for a dedicated Instagram content Creator and Strategist. This role would be responsible for strategizing, ideating, creating content, and community management for Instagram. This role would work cross-functionally with the broader Social Media team in addition to Inﬂuencer Relations to drive growth and engagement while executing an intentional, effective brand vision that feels Instagram-native. The ideal candidate would be a content creator with an eye for high-quality, engaging content that follows Instagram best practices and pushes innovation while staying true to the brand identity and voice.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe internet culture? Are you passionate about publishers and content creators on social media and can summarize how and why certain videos blow up -- where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We're looking for an expert in all things Instagram and a task manager who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things culture -- someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
- Represent our company on Instagram and other social media channels to promote and highlight trending/relevant topics for brand awareness, follower growth and driving the sports and entertainment conversation with an eye for engagement and audience growth;
- Identify UGC from Instagram that should be reposted on the Whistle brand account, gain permissions from creators, and re-edit audio tracks as needed;
- Ideate individually and collaboratively on engaging and innovative content ideas;
- Track data and insights, compiling reports as necessary, and adjusting strategy and content regularly based on this info;
- Strategize based off of data and insights and be able to present strategy to larger Social Media team;
- Constantly track competitor content and trends;
- Be comfortable being featured in self-produced Whistle Instagram content;
- Own caption writing and hashtag strategy adhering to Instagram best practices;
- Community Management on all posts and in DMs - responding to comments consistently and in a timely manner;
- Proactive Community Management - engaging on posts by Instagram creators relevant to ABH - liking their posts and commenting, etc.;
- High-level and intuitive understanding of the Instagram platform - including general awareness of what’s trending, demographics, and platform functionalities;
- Work alongside department and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that content is aligned with brand planning/calendars, brand aesthetics and our visual identity;
- Stay up to date and also update larger social media team in regards to Instagram speciﬁc trends, sponsored challenges, and viral content;
- Plan and prepare Instagram content calendar to share regularly with Social Media Team;
- Identify Instagram inﬂuencers and creators that would be ideal partners for Whistle and work collaboratively with the Talent Team in regards to Instagram partnerships;
- Able to work and take direction and constructive feedback from both peers and leaders across the organization;
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience managing social accounts (ideally for a publisher, brand).
- Must have a portfolio (or active accounts) showcasing videography and editing skills. Please add the link to your social accounts.
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, including engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities.
- Videography skills with a focus on socially-native content.
- Full editing capabilities including sound and simple graphics.
- Eager to learn and support team members as well as lead the rest of the team with a positive can’t stop won’t stop attitude.
- Comfortable with talent- and client-facing reports and coordination - account management experience a plus.
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers.
- Fluent with social analytics tools such as FB Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Simply Measured.
At Team Whistle, we’re proud to offer a wide range of benefits. These include:
- 80% of employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and family members;
- Unlimited paid time off;
- Fully paid primary and secondary caregiver leave (10 and three weeks, respectively);
- 12 months of free online therapy through Talkspace;
- Annual membership fee covered for One Medical, a membership-based primary care practice offering both digital health and in-office care.
Team Whistle is currently operating mostly remotely. Candidates not based near one of our main offices (Charlotte, LA and New York) will be considered.