Team Whistle is a global sports and entertainment media company which generates over 4 billion cross platform video views every month. We create and distribute engaging content experiences for today’s audiences, always playing in the positive and relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted and interactive shows, podcasts, music and merchandise are available on the social, audio and streaming platforms that matter most. We help brands activate and engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Whistle Solutions, is the agency arm of Team Whistle which offers services and expertise to external partners. We support consumer brands, networks, Leagues and Federations, and talent with end to end marketing services including strategy, brand creation + development, cross-channel campaign creative, content, influencer, crm, D2C and retail merchandise, social channel management, paid media, ad sales, monetization and consumer insights. We help global organizations find their voice and cultivate a community on the world’s largest platforms, social through a variety of services.
We are recruiting for a senior business development leader to join our Solutions team and expand our book of business in North America. We’re looking for a versatile professional who can leverage our deep industry rolodexes in entertainment and sports while expanding our reach with marketers and content teams at consumer brands. Lastly, we’re looking for a high-energy, low-ego team player who can work both independently and also in conjunction with other high-performing professionals.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize new opportunities in the North American market amongst leagues, teams, platforms, publishers and consumer brands, building a robust revenue pipeline.
- Have a deep understanding and fluency in all modes and mediums of modern media including social media, OTT, podcasts, digital video and talent.
- Be comfortable working in an agency and media environment and have an understanding of how brand, content, marketing (paid and organic), distribution and talent can work together to achieve client goals.
- Develop proposals and business models in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Prepare and lead pitches, negotiate and close new business; renew existing business
- Understand the various ways the Solutions group can work with partners and identify how the team can creatively be the partner our partners can’t live without
- 5-7 years of direct experience in business development and partnerships in the area of sports and entertainment, bonus if experience has been focused around social video and digital products
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting, winning and closing new business
- A diverse portfolio of contacts within the North American Sports and Entertainment industries
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-starter who can excel in an ambiguous environment and doesn’t wait for someone to tell them what to do