Whistle is seeking a driven and experienced Director, Revenue Ops & Programmatic Partnerships to join our team.
This is a key cross functional leadership role that will work closely with OTT Sales/Content, Brand Partnership Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams. This person will have one direct report, manage an outsourced ad ops team and will report to VP, Distribution & Sales Strategy.
You will be responsible for three key strategic growth areas of Whistle:
- OTT Direct and Programmatic Sales Partnerships ~ 45%
- Revenue Operations & Media Planning ~ 45%
- Distribution Platform Monetization BD ~ 10%
OTT Sales Partnerships ~ WhistleTV ~ 45%
You will be responsible for building and managing all digital OTT ad-tech relationships in the programmatic ecosystem. This includes SSPs/ DSPs/Ad-exchanges, Ad Servers, DMPs, data platforms and innovative ad products. Your mission will be to build & grow the programmatic monetization operations & revenue footprint of WhistleTV, our new AVOD OTT product.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about OTT programmatic space, has current relationships w/ SSP/DSPs and continually builds on their knowledge of the industry with an eye to innovation.
- Be the primary operations leader across all strategic partners in the SSP/DSP/Ad-exchange advertising ecosystem.
- Monitor yield & performance of relationships and work with partners internally and externally to optimize revenue (CPMs, Fill-Rates and more)
- Assist VP in negotiating contracts with partners and drive non-contractual relationships to produce meaningful benefits
Revenue Operations & Media Planning ~ 45%
You will be responsible for the oversight of multiple sources of direct & indirect sales revenue operations across all Whistle properties (OTT, Youtube, Snap Facebook, TikTok, IG). This includes a hands-on approach on pre-sale media planning, trafficking, yield, reporting and day-to-day management of one direct media planner report and an outsourced ad ops team (Operative)
- Execute and implement digital advertising campaigns on Google Ad Manager (Previously DoubleClick) GAM360 to ensure accurate impression, performance, and revenue delivery.
- Work closely with the Brand Partnership Ad Sales team on media plans, Go-to-market strategies and new ad product roll-outs.
- Coordinate with Acct Mgmt Services team to obtain creative asset materials and launch digital advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate with OTT Programer to facilitate ad load strategy and implement ad insertion to custom content builds on various retail distribution platforms
Distribution Platform Monetization BD ~ 10%
You will be assisting WhistleTV Distribution & Programming teams with business development and monetization aspects of distribution contracts (Verizon, Roku, SamsungTVPlus, AmazonFireTV and more) and overall relationships.
- Working closely w/ OTT team in market-sizing, revenue forecasting and reporting
- 8 to 10 yrs in digital media, ad-ops leadership and media planning experience required
- Strong existing relationships w/ Programmatic DSP/SSP/Adexchanges/Ad Servers
- Advanced knowledge of GAM360 (previously Doubleclick) & overall ad-ops & account management (SpringServe experience preferred but not required)
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies (planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, etc.)
- Experience with OTT Programming Strategy (Amagi experience preferred but not required)
- Prior team management experience
- Deep knowledge of OTT programmatic monetization landscape and its key tech players
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and Google Docs
- A cross functional leader and a self-starter who is a great communicator
- Firm understanding of digital video marketplace, OTT programmatic landscape, ad-tech and third-party technologies for retail distribution