Team Whistle – comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form and Vertical Networks – is a global media company that’s changing the sports and entertainment game. We create and distribute engaging content experiences for today’s audiences, always playing in the positive and resonating with what’s relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted and interactive shows, podcasts, music and merchandise are available on the social, audio and streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues and media companies, we help them activate and engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Tiny Horse is seeking an experienced Director of Media and Insights. This position will lead the Media and Insights team for the organization, reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Manage a team of three team members, including a media manager, media coordinator, and reporting analyst, leading the team on priorities, opportunities, and client objectives .
- Coach and motivate team members to consistently aspire to a level of excellence in our work. Identify and recommend external training opportunities.
- Assume a leadership position within the company by actively helping to identify and develop new business opportunities within existing client accounts as related to media and insights and support other new business efforts.
- Establish new processes, whether custom fit for an individual client or uniform across multiple clients, in order to drive greater efficiencies.
- Build digital media strategies for various clients and campaigns, often from the ground up, with a focus on performance marketing strategies.
- Use and analyze historical data and research to inform planning strategies.
- Apply solid understanding of audience profiling techniques, media consumption habits and competitive analysis.
- Pursue and implement innovative media planning ideas, applications, and platforms.
- Lead team executing media campaigns across various platforms including paid social, paid search, display, and other media channels - experience with Snapchat and TikTok a plus.
- Work with creative teams to produce campaign creative assets, helping with concepts and copywriting.
- When relevant, manage relationships with outside media agencies and media vendors in planning and execution phases.
- Lead on providing continuous optimization of live media campaigns to reach client goals.
- Analyze digital and social media behavior and patterns to drive engagement strategies in real time.
- Oversee the flow of data through internal consumption to external reporting.
- Work with insights to deliver reports and presentations on analytics and campaign results, offering key insights.
- Evaluate, analyze, and recommend third-party tracking solutions to improve our efforts.
- When applicable, ensure outside media agencies provide complete and actionable analysis of digital buys and optimizations for recent and future campaigns.
- 5+ years of experience in media planning, buying, and reporting
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong client & project management skills
- Willingness to work additional hours and travel as needed
- Perform tasks effectively and with minimal supervision
- Develops collaborative relationships with team members, displays clear communication and acts proactively
- Experience interacting with vendors and outside partners as related to paid media