Team Whistle – comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form and Vertical Networks – is a global media company that’s changing the sports and entertainment game. We create and distribute engaging content experiences for today’s audiences, always playing in the positive and resonating with what’s relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted and interactive shows, podcasts, music and merchandise are available on the social, audio and streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues and media companies, we help them activate and engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Team Whistle is looking for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the management of the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for the various subsidiary companies of Team Whistle. The position will also contribute heavily in collection efforts and vendor payments, monthly closing process and work closely with Accounting Director to report financial information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general ledger management while following company’s accounting processes
- Responsible for all aspects of month end and year end close, including preparation of balance sheet work papers, bank reconciliations and financial statements
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting for each subsidiary
- Responsible for proper coding of invoices to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Responsible for the maintenance of AP aging on a weekly basis
- Audit and process corporate credit card expenses and provide support for staff expense reports
- Maintain AR cycle beginning with creation of customer invoices to the receipt of funds.
- Support AR related internal and external communications including collection correspondence
- Maintain excellent relationship with subsidiary production teams, partners, vendors and customers
- Provide support with Audit and tax processes.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience.
- Production accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Audit experience is preferable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Experience with Entertainment Partners, Cast and Crew, or similar production payroll vendors is preferable but not required.
- Experience with Oracle/NetSuite accounting software preferable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Position requires working closely with the cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills dealing with financial and numeric data.