Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle. We live to entertain, inspire, and empower.
Whistle is an entertainment media brand that creates, curates and distributes brand safe video content that is positive, relatable, and uplifting. Whistle inspires its highly-engaged audience by blending proprietary data-driven insights and showcasing unparalleled in-house production capabilities through original programming across multiple passion points. Join Whistle, our LA based studio, New Form, and recently acquired mobile-first lifestyle studio Vertical Networks, across all social platforms, digital streaming and linear cable networks to discover everything from scripted to unscripted shows.
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at teamwhistle.com
Whistle is seeking a driven and experienced VP, Revenue Ops & Programmatic Partnerships to join our team.
This is a key cross functional leadership role that will work closely with Brand Partnership Sales, Marketing, Business Development and OTT Programming/Content teams. This person will have one direct report, manage an outsourced ad ops team and will report to EVP, Distribution & Sales Strategy.
You will be responsible for three key strategic growth areas of Whistle:
- OTT Programmatic Partnerships ~ 45%
- Revenue Operations & Media Planning ~ 45%
- Distribution Platform Monetization BD ~ 10%
OTT Programmatic Partnerships ~ WhistleTV ~ 40%
You will be responsible for building and managing all digital OTT ad-tech relationships in the programmatic ecosystem. This includes SSPs/ DSPs/Ad-exchanges, DMPs, data platforms and innovative ad products. Your mission will be to build & grow the programmatic monetization operations & revenue footprint of WhistleTV, our new AVOD OTT product.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about OTT programmatic space, has current relationships w/ SSP/DSPs and continually builds on their knowledge of the industry with an eye to innovation.
- Be the primary operations leader across all strategic partners in the SSP/DSP/Ad-exchange advertising ecosystem.
- Monitor yield & performance of relationships and work with partners internally and externally to optimize revenue (CPMs, Fill-Rates and more)
- Assist EVP in negotiating contracts with partners and drive non-contractual relationships to produce meaningful benefits
Revenue Operations & Media Planning ~ 40%
You will be responsible for the oversight of multiple sources of direct & indirect sales revenue operations across all Whistle properties (OTT, Youtube, Snap Facebook, TikTok, IG). This includes a hands-on approach on pre-sale media planning, trafficking, yield, reporting and day-to-day management of one direct media planner report and an outsourced ad ops team (Operative)
- Execute and implement digital advertising campaigns on Google Ad Manager (Previously DoubleClick) GAM360 to ensure accurate impression, performance, and revenue delivery.
- Work closely with the Brand Partnership Ad Sales team on media plans, Go-to-market strategies and new ad product roll-outs.
- Coordinate with Acct Mgmt Services team to obtain creative asset materials and launch digital advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate with OTT Content Partner Manager to manage and implement ad insertion to custom content builds on various retail distribution platforms
Distribution Platform Monetization BD ~ 10%
You will be assisting WhistleTV Distribution & Programming teams with business development and monetization aspects of distribution contracts (Verizon, Roku, SamsungTVPlus, AmazonFireTV and more) and overall relationships.
- Working closely w/ OTT team in market-sizing, revenue forecasting and reporting
- 8 to 10 yrs in digital media, ad-ops leadership and media planning experience required
- Strong existing relationships w/ Programmatic DSP/SSP/Adexchanges
- Advanced knowledge of GAM360 (previously Doubleclick) & overall ad-ops & account management
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies (planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, etc.)
- Prior team management experience
- Deep knowledge of OTT programmatic monetization landscape and its key tech players
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and Google Docs
- A cross functional leader and a self-starter who is a great communicator
- Firm understanding of digital video marketplace, OTT programmatic landscape, ad-tech and third-party technologies for retail distribution