Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle. We live to entertain, inspire, and empower.
- Whistle is an entertainment media brand that creates, curates and distributes brand safe video content that is positive, relatable, and uplifting. Whistle inspires its highly-engaged audience by blending proprietary data-driven insights and showcasing unparalleled in-house production capabilities through original programming across multiple passion points. Join Whistle, our LA based studio, New Form, and recently acquired mobile-first lifestyle studio Vertical Networks, across all social platforms, digital streaming and linear cable networks to discover everything from scripted to unscripted shows.
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at teamwhistle.com
Whistle is seeking an experienced VP of OTT Sales to focus on generating revenue by selling our new OTT product: WhistleTV to large US companies and to multi-platform agency clients.
WhistleTV is a key strategic growth area of the Company and this person is responsible for sourcing & building the OTT clientele as well as working in close partnership with Brand Partnership Sales team in helping the current VPs/AEs to close more OTT business.
VP of OTT Sales will drive towards an annual sales goal and own an individual target & client list while building and managing their own business at a national level, he/she will act as a central point of contact and resource for inbound OTT RFPs and other sales team members.
As WhistleTV is a key strategic growth area of the Company, this role will also help shape go-to-market sales strategies and create monetization packages.
VP of OTT Sales will oversee campaign executions with other support teams including Marketing, Account Management, Insights, OTT Programming and Media Planning.
He/She will need to be a dynamic individual with a passion in OTT media & advertising landscape and for generating new businesses while properly developing client and agency relationships.
This role is responsible for using data-based strategies to create winning solutions for our existing and new clients, and driving revenue through value-based negotiations.
Revenue closure, new business development, account relationship building, and customer satisfaction are key responsibilities. The position reports to EVP, Sales Strategy & SVP of Brand Partnership Sales Team.
- Build, manage & grow a substantial OTT advertiser account list that consistently attains quarterly revenue goals with a combination of new business and upsells from current advertisers.
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for an account list/territory for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business.
- Drive weekly pipeline development through qualified daily meetings in the field with key clients and decision makers.
- Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key advertisers (heavy focus on media agencies and brand/clients).
- Work with brand strategy and research teams to utilize data and research as a key means for generating sales interest among specific clients and categories.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in OTT sales and/or multi platform digital video, including a track record of outstanding results in attaining quarterly revenue goals.
- Existing relationships and/or book of business at national holding companies and regional agencies within the OTT advertising buying community
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, OTT Programmatic landscape (open exchange, PMP, PG), SSP/DSP/AdX, practices, and ad technologies / products (GAM360, Salesforce, DMPs - inventory planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, et al)
- Excellent negotiation skills, strong analytical mind and exemplary consultative selling skills
- Ability to accurately identify and assess revenue opportunities and apply internal resources and strategies appropriately
- Self-starter that can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Ability to aggressively manage the successful execution of a sales strategy
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate