Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle Sports. We are progressive and bold. We show and tell. We are Connectors of the Sports Community that live to entertain, engage and empower:
- Fans with the sports they want in ways they never knew possible
- Social influencers & creators, athletes, leagues and teams deeper and more directly with their communities
- Brands with Millennial consumers in unique and differentiated ways
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at whistlesports.com
Accounting Director will be responsible for managing General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The position will also contribute heavily in monthly closing process and work closely with Controller to report financial information. The Accounting Director will have two direct reports: Accounting Managers & AP Supervisor, one indirect report: Staff Accountant, and will report to VP Finance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general ledger management
- Responsible for proper coding of invoices by partnering with the Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Responsible for preparing weekly payment run for VP’s review
- Manage, mentor, and provide support to Accounting Manager, Staff Accountant, and AP Supervisor
- Provide periodic and Ad hoc reporting for content partners
- Manage campaign planning process and be a Finance lead on revenue recognition discussions
- Responsible for maintaining a clean AP aging on a weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining entire AR cycle beginning creation of customer invoices to the receipts
- Responsible for all AR related internal and external communications including collection correspondence
- Responsible for managing email inbox for Finance team (implement a new and automated solution for tracking)
- Ensure real‐time tracking and reporting of campaign P&Ls.
- Manage period end closing
- Maintain excellent relationship with Whistle’s community team, partners, vendors and customers.
- Manage Audit and tax partner and processes
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA highly preferred)
- 3-5 years of Media/Social Media experience is a MUST!!
- Solid understanding of production accounting and cost reports
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar mid-market system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must (intermediate-to-advanced expertise in Excel)
- Ability to provide high level analyses as well as hands-on with a day-to-day G/L accounting.
- Ability to multitask in a moving start-up environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Position requires working closely with the cross-functional teams as well as external partners.