Who We Are:
Welcome to Whistle Sports. We are progressive and bold. We show and tell. We are Connectors of the Sports Community that live to entertain, engage, and empower:
- Fans with the sports they want in ways they never knew possible
- Social influencers & creators, athletes, leagues, and teams deeper and more directly with their communities
- Brands with Millennial consumers in unique and differentiated ways
We're growing fast and are looking to add top talent to our team that's ready to grow with us! Check us out at whistlesports.com
- Whistle Sports is looking for a Director, Brand Partnerships, to sell a portfolio of video products and creative solutions ranging from straight media to brand integrations and custom content.
- The Director will drive towards a quarterly sales goal and own an individual goal and client list while building and managing his/her own business at a national level, overseeing all campaign executions with other digital support teams including Operations, Brand Strategy and Media Planning.
- The Director will need to be a dynamic individual with a passion for generating new business and hitting sales goals while properly developing client and agency relationships.
- To succeed in the emerging digital entertainment, influencer and video space, the Director will need to display a number of strengths including access to key client and agency media decision-makers, consultative selling, meticulous planning, pipeline management and prospect list development.
- Direct Sales, Sales Strategy & Management
- Manage, grow and maintain a substantial account list that consistently attains quarterly revenue goals with a combination of new business and renewals.
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for an account list/territory for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business.
- Drive weekly pipeline development through qualified daily meetings in the field with key clients and decision makers.
- Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key advertisers (heavy focus on NY agencies but also with brand/clients).
- Work with brand strategy and research teams to utilize data and research as a key means for generating sales interest among specific clients and categories.
- Identify and close strategic seven figure partnerships driven by any combination of Whistle products including media/CPM, product placement, influencer marketing and branded
- Pipeline & Campaign Management
- Provide real-time sales revenue and pipeline reporting for a named list/territory and consistently forecast the revenue pacing via internal CRM tools & databases (Salesforce.)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and support teams to successfully create, execute, optimize and review all campaigns in a named territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of successful digital advertising experience, including a track record of outstanding results in attaining quarterly revenue goals.
- Experience successfully managing a sales territory in emerging platforms (video, gaming, mobile or connected TV)
- Proven track record in developing seven figure plus deals through direct communication with brand/client contacts and agencies.
- Prior experience working with ad solutions teams in crafting client programs.
- Outstanding communications skills including demonstrated negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills.
- A network of mid-senior level relationships and relevant contacts at both clients and agencies within key categories including Male, Auto, CPG Food, QSR, Technology, Gaming, Studio, Retail, Men’s Health & Grooming.
- Organized, proactive and results-oriented.
- Experience with video media sales required.
- Intimate knowledge of digital media business client, agency and digital vendors/partners requirements
- Industry advertising pricing and competitive trends in video and digital sales industries
- comScore, Nielsen and other required research needed for sales activities
- Programmatic and other data-focused sales strategies
- Sales and pipeline management
- Communication (e.g., presenting, meetings, speaking, building presentations, etc.)
- Prospecting, closing and renewing client business