WHO WE ARE
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
The mission of Product Managers at Whistle is to create the most empowering app and experience for Whistle pet parents and our B2B partners. We believe we can improve pet care by creating a 24/7 connection between pet parents and their beloved pets by empowering pet parents and our B2B partners with data relating to health, location and activities of their pets.
The Lead Product Manager at Whistle is responsible for setting this vision, driving engagement and retention of our B2B partners’ clients (think veterinary clients) using our devices. You’ll also be responsible for defining and driving modern data analytics, data visualization, real time dashboards for our B2B partners.
The Ideal Candidate Is
- B2B and B2C Focused: Whistle serves both consumers and businesses like veterinary and insurance companies. As a Product Lead, you’ll play a critical role in building innovative solutions that solve pain points for both consumers and our business partners.
- Data & Metrics-Driven: Data and metrics are the foundation of building trust and making impactful decisions. As our Product Lead, you’ll keep a close eye on our key B2B and B2C KPIs (e.g. engagement, retention, cancelation, monetization, LTV, CAC) and ensure that product decisions and iterations are backed by metrics.
- Innovative: As a Product Lead, you are eager and capable to maximize the value that can be derived from data captured by our devices, and flowing through our platform from basic to innovative ways that will benefit our B2B customers.
- Action-Oriented: As our Product Lead, you will take ownership of B2B product life cycles and help turn ideas into shipped features and products that drive usage. You will think critically while encouraging and communicating deadlines and progress to cross-functional teams.
- Respectful: While doing all of the above, the right Product Lead for us will foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness - where positivity, humility, and transparency are the norm.
- Combine creativity with business goals to identify ideas and prioritize features and concepts that maximize user acquisition, retention and monetization while maintaining a clean, delightful user experience for our B2B partners
- Own, develop and build a B2B dashboard to meet the needs of our B2B partners
- Conduct user research, data analyses and/or A/B testing to validate product ideas and improvements
- Work closely with Product Owner (Consumer, Mobile) to ensure the B2C experience can be easily augmented for our B2B partners
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of B2B growth at Whistle. This includes exploring huge topics like:
- How can we attract more pet-related businesses to use our B2B software?
- How can we create flywheels for Whistle’s B2B growth, and unlock more growth and stickiness through our B2B users?
- You’ll serve as the domain expert on engagement and the product funnel at Whistle. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Whistle grow in a way that is scalable and brings a huge amount of value to our pet parents and business partners?
- Write clean and accurate stories; manage the backlog to ensure the engineering team has the right work at the right time
- Define and own a set of key KPIs
- You’ll work to lead, support and collaborate with a passionate, cross-functional team of product managers, hardware/firmware/software engineers, data analysts and scientists, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver new initiatives to our pet parents.
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
- You’ll craft seamlessly simple user experiences for our B2B partners
- UX workflow and UI diagrams - create wireframes to efficiently convey various data project requirements
- Project Management - you will take control of all aspects of your projects from inception to completion
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- Overall 4+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment, with experience building great consumer mobile apps and B2B solutions
- A knack for quickly distilling complex information into potential solutions and effectively communicating to diverse stakeholders including executive leadership
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions by pulling and deeply analyzing data
- Ability to clearly describe a product and its benefits to users
- You love to think about how each detail of a product (e.g. the description, interface) can impact user interaction
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You know how to partner with developers and engineers to investigate and understand technical issues
- Monitor user metrics, investigate anomalies (e.g. why usage might have dipped), and talk with our engineers to discover causation of said anomalies
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with engineers and business teams
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the user, how can we deliver a solution, and how do we measure the impact?
- Strong understanding of current leading BI tools
- Experience specifically in data visualization, dashboard/reporting, data analytics is a plus
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Mars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright ® 2020