WHO WE ARE
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
Whistle is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to play a critical role in the acquisition and retention. In this role you’ll be responsible for the planning, implementation , execution , and optimization of Whislte ’s paid digital and demand strategies. The goal of the Digital Marketing Manager is to grow Whistler’s DTC ecommerce business by designing engaging digital campaigns and customer experiences that drive acquisition and retention through SEM, SEO, display, paid social and email.
You are an innovative marketer who’s looking for a high growth opportunity in a fast-paced environment. You’re analytical, creative, digitally savvy, and up to date on emerging trends and tactics. You are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to raise the bar.
He/She/They will be a team player, a team builder and excels at collaborating, partnering and influencing decision making at all levels of the organization. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
- Lead digital marketing growth strategies, and translate into go-to-market tactics for all digital marketing activities
- Leverage experience with a multiple advertising platforms, channels, markets and mediums to establish the right mix and focusing on strategies that drive the best bang-for-buck and return on effort and investment
- Lead marketing campaigns from the idea stage through to their execution and implementation
- Foster and maintain a close relationship with outside partners, agencies and third party resources tracking ongoing performance to ensure maximum benefits
- Responsible for day-to-day management of paid search, programmatic display, affiliate and paid social activities
- Collaborate and develop holistic cross-channel marketing strategies with company goals in mind
- Forecast performance and budget appropriately for all digital channels
- Utilize data to inform channel optimization tactics
- Become a "product expert" and translate ongoing learning into expanding digital marketing activities
- Develop near and long-term strategies, roadmaps, and oversee day-to-day tactics that increase revenue, site traffic, conversion, margins, and ROAS
- Identify and report on KPI’s, and opportunities for improvement on a regular basis
- Stay current with advances in digital marketing, competitive landscape, and macro environment Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation
- Develop and implement an ongoing testing culture
- Manage A/B testing and user testing
- Collaborating with VP of Marketing and finance to set and stay within budget
- Staying current with emerging opportunities in the digital marketing world
- A collaborative “Yes, and” attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing managing SEO, SEM, paid social, affiliate and display campaigns.
- Proven DTC brand experience, specifically with a high growth brand.
- Expertise in reporting and analytics, and can clearly translate data into actionable business insights.
- Experience planning and implementing A/B testing.
- A strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, and SEO tools.
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in qualified customer acquisition and conversion
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Ability to present data and communicate recommendations, written, and verbally to all levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A strong, self-motivated leader, who thrives on collaborating with teams across the organization
- An accountable, organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience with referrals and loyalty a plus
- Experience with Amazon a plus
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Mars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright ® 2020