WHO WE ARE
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
The VP of Marketing is responsible for driving awareness of, interest in and advocacy for Whistle’s mission, devices and digital health offerings.
The ideal candidate will aggressively leverage organic/owned, paid, and partner marketing to accomplish these goals. He/She will drive strategy and execution of consumer marketing across organic/owned and paid channels, and develop programs to communicate with consumers and influencers at scale.
This candidate must be data-driven and will apply best-in-class approaches/processes around marketing, with a demonstrated track record of leveraging data to make informed, impactful decisions. The ideal candidate has a player/coach mindset and a roll-up-your-sleeves style to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high-growth environment. This person will demonstrate creativity, drive, energy and a strong bias for action. They will lead by example and will have a reputation for driving positive change.
He/She/They will be a team player, a team builder and excels at collaborating, partnering and influencing decision making at all levels of the organization. This role will report to the GM of Whistle.
- Create annual marketing plan and strategies for and execute consumer campaigns across organic/owned and paid channels to pave the path for success of Whistle’s Retail and DTC channels
- Manage budgeting, sales forecasting and spend allocation across all paid channels
- Lead analysis across all platforms and channels to measure overall performance drivers, including calendar/event optimization, steering decisions, and funnel and ad conversion optimization. This includes solving unstructured problems using complex data and moving past simple insights into actionable recommendations
- Transform data-driven insights into expert storytelling to drive internal and external buy-in
- Champion and apply brand storytelling to translate complex technology into Whistle stories to connect with pet parents
- Oversee rigorous creative testing and asset optimization to maximize media spend
- Oversee rigorous A/B testing of DTC site to maximize and optimize funnel conversions
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function/dashboard that can track, measure and analyze performance
- Create and nurture consumer affinity for and loyalty to Whistle by leveraging existing DTC relationships
- Drive customer acquisition and top line growth through mobile, SEM, SEO/content, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, social media and display retargeting focusing on revenue goals while maintaining an effective CAC and staying true to the brand
- Develop and execute strategy for expanding marketing partnerships in ways that will enhance Whistle’s mission, brand and business
- Be our brand champion and ensure we deliver a compelling and consistent brand narrative across all channels
- Manage and collaborate with the creative, communications, and go-to-market team members to align on vision and approach to increasing market share, launching new products and initiatives effectively to meet and exceed Whistle’s awareness and sales goals
- Serve as Marketing thought leader and champion as core member of Whistle leadership team.
- Lead the Marketing Team by honing in on priorities for the year and providing a clear focus in campaign direction, while also creating full autonomy.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- 15+ years proven success in consumer marketing and creative leadership at top consumer brands, preferably through rapid growth phases in a chaotic startup environment
- Proven success building effective, diverse teams and developing talent
- Strong knowledge of data management platforms, ad-tech marketing tools, analytics solutions, e.g. Google Analytics, Heap etc and attribution methodologies
- Be metrics driven with deep understanding of metrics like CAC, CPA, ROAS, LTV, churn and other appropriate metrics like network effects metrics.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support our marketing plan objectives and ensure an effective expenditure of resources.
- Ability to translate business priorities into marketing strategies and tactics in conjunction with other teams to achieve broad financial and strategic goals
- Strong project/program management skills, and adept attention to detail in management in overseeing budgets, timelines and various assets/deliverables
- Effectively balance efficiency improvements and placing bold bets on growth
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to lead across and collaborate with all types of functions, e.g. Communications, Insights, Product, Strategy, Operations, Technology etc
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment. You help others embrace and navigate change to keep the organization nimble
- Passion for consumer insights and a proven background launching new products as well as growing existing market share
- Demonstrated success using data and insights to drive programs
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Mars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright ® 2020