Who We're Looking For
Whistle is looking for a rock-star Communications, PR & Social Media Manager to join our marketing team. Reporting directly to the CMO, you’ll serve as the brand storyteller, overseeing content development and PR/social programs that grow, promote and elevate the visibility of the Whistle brand.
Key responsibilities include public relations and content strategy development, social media strategy, best-in-class implementation, day-to-day execution, and agency management. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, is collaborative and has a passion for making ‘A Better World for Pets’.
- Partner with our PR agency to create, execute, and manage reputation plans and external comms strategies that effectively inform, engage, and motivate target audiences, generate awareness, drive conversion and reinforce brand equity at every point along the journey.
- Leverage messages, positions, product launches, and research to drive Whistle's share of voice among other pet products in earned media
- Shape and drive product review programs, with a targeted rollout plan intended to support and influence positive consumer reviews.
- Manage the relationship and work of communications agency partners to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of budget and plans
- Provide an external perspective to Whistle leadership team (primarily based on the news cycle, media and analyst feedback, and social monitoring)
- Engage with influential external stakeholders, key opinion leaders, and communities to increase brand awareness
- Assess timely industry events and make a recommendation for Whistle’s participation based on a media or reputation ROI; own participation including concept, event planning, partner coordination, contracted support, media relations, and post-event review
- Partner with Corporate Affairs colleagues across Mars Petcare to ensure the broader business knows of our announcements, proactive comms, and any risks.
- Develop, implement and manage Whistle’s social and content marketing strategies, collaborating with stakeholders to determine scope, messaging, channels & budget.
- Develop content and creative programs that convey the brand promise and help bring the Whistle story to life (social influencers, blogs, customer stories, etc.)
- Manage earned media & organic social media calendar and metrics across channels
- Analyze the success of programs and communicate results to support recommendations for future programs
- Develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across Whistle and the broader Mars Petcare organization
Here’s what we’re looking for in a strong candidate:
- Has a passion for pets and consumer tech products
- 5-7 years experience in PR, social media, influencer and content strategy.
- Demonstrated success of PR/social campaigns and programs that have helped drive rapid adoption of new products in emerging categories
- Proven ability to own both the narrative and the results
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of Whistle
- Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools
- Adept at building consensus and gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey strategies, tactics, rationale and results to peers, agencies and executive stakeholders
- BA degree or equivalent
Extra treats for:
- Experience in Marketing Communications / PR role supporting growth phase subscription revenue business.
- Consumer hardware experience
We don't just reward in kibble. Here's what we're offering:
- An all around AMAZING small team
- Competitive salary, employer paid health/dental/vision benefits, and 401K options.
- Dog-friendly office and lots of opportunity to use our product of course :).
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation so you can relax and recharge when you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, and lunch catered daily.
- Monthly and quarterly company and team events.
- Want to speak or attend an industry-related conference? Go for it! We'll cover the costs.