Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our market-leading product is the world’s smallest cell phone on a collar - a GPS-enabled pet tracker and activity monitor. Our next gen device emphasizes health and services for the pets and expands our target customers. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world and combining forces with our affiliates, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and serve as the company’s primary resource for financial planning and analysis. This person will be responsible for planning and analyzing the full corporate performance, giving a broad scope to the role. Unlike many corporate FP&A roles, this is not a roll-up of others work, but rather direct business support to line managers of Whistle. The position will have the opportunity to partner with departments outside of finance to provide original or enhanced analytical, forecast and decision-support models for various needs across the company.
- Enhance and manage process and tools for long-term financial planning, annual budgeting and periodic forecasts
- Develop and maintain reporting requirements for management and corporate parent on an annual, quarterly and periodic basis
- Provide analytics required for core business model optimization in hardware-enabled SaaS
- Participate in development and reporting of metrics for core business model
- Provide analytics for expansion business models and for integrated product offerings with affiliate business unit
- Participate in cross-functional teams to drive improvements in core business offerings and operations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of strong financial analysis and planning experience
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, financial forecasting and budgeting, profitability analysis, and analytics for decision support
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements required
- Strong communication (written and verbal), attention to detail, and ability to translate numbers into compelling and clear narratives
- Commitment to high standards, customer service, integrity and ethics
- Multitasking and cross-functional support experience
- Ability to establish necessary structure while being flexible to accommodate demands of a fast-moving and dynamic startup environment
- Cost accounting and Consumer Products industry experience is a plus.