Whistle & Wisdom Health were born out of our love for pets. Whistle, based in San Francisco, as the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come. Wisdom Health, based in Portland, a genetic testing and data company, aims to use genetic testing of cats & dogs to make advances in science towards a better world for all pets so their owners can love them longer.
Our market-leading product is the world’s smallest cell phone on a collar - a GPS-enabled pet tracker and activity monitor. Our next gen device emphasizes health and services for the pets and expands our target customers. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world and combining forces with our affiliates, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
This critical position will be the ultimate IT owner of the ERP system(s), in particular SAP by Design, for Whistle Labs, Wisdom Health and the Kinship division in general - managing the system upon which all our financial processes and many of our logistical processes are dependent upon. This includes oversight of roadmap, partner management, staffing, architecture, implementation, etc . The position requires full responsibility of internal system’s ability/design to support the growth and scale of the business. As the key strategic technical partner for the business, this position will drive multi-year technology roadmaps, with an emphasis on applications to support business goals.
- Roadmap ownership - engaging stakeholders to solicit feedback and setting strategic direction & evolution for the ERP and ERP dependent systems. Currently this is SAP by Design.
- Project management - oversight and coordination of ERP related initiatives / activities. Many of these will be executed by 3rd party partners.
- Identifying operations system and process improvements, documenting proposed changes, testing solutions, and functioning as technical lead for ongoing and to-be-defined improvement projects.
- Effectively communicating with functional stakeholders in various business groups.
- Quality assurance for business users on system and process changes through user stories / use case creation, test execution, and helping to maintain documentation.
- Assisting/guiding business users with day-to-day process improvements, metrics reporting, simple solutions to complex policies.
- Challenging legacy policies and procedures that complicate global processes, understanding the flexibility for change, and formulating creative solutions or work-arounds based on that analysis.
- Drive operations system and process improvements, documenting proposed changes, testing solutions, and partner with the business for ongoing and to-be-defined improvement projects.
- Set Metrics, Key Performance Indicators and Reports on an as required basis to leverage data generation into information for management and decision making purposes.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to drive improvements in core business offerings and operations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with 8+ yrs related information system experience
- Background in business process analysis, system requirements, as well as data modeling and detailed functional design
- Deep knowledge of business applications, with a focus on hosted SaSS solutions, middleware implementations, eCommerce systems, and revenue/billing/OM systems/Inventory. ERP experience a plus.
- Has demonstrated ability to work with teams to identify and analyze process improvement opportunities and define resulting technology solutions. Expert understanding of systems analysis, including root cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design methodologies
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Mars Petcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer